Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

So Long Huggins

Old 08-26-2005, 07:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For someone growing up on UC basketball this is particularly hard. Ive followed the team faithfully since i could remember and to see them treat huggins this way after whats hes given that school is ridiculous. He was forced to either resign or get fired. If he resigned he got 3 milion for the rest of his contract. if he didnt then hed get like 1 million. but he resigned and will stay with the team for another 3 months to help in the adjustment of the new interum coach. Post your thoughts on the topic if youd like. the below links are just some links in the local paper about his farewell at a local pub

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...260446/-1/CINCI

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...260443/-1/CINCI

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...260448/-1/CINCI
Old 08-26-2005, 08:09 AM

With his records and what he did for the school I agree. I loved to watch him coach when Martin was there. I am an advid college sports fan and he seems like one of the better coaches that was out there. Hope to see him again in another school. Sorry for your teams loss.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:19 AM

^^thanks...yea some of the best memories were from martin, that year was our big chance to go all the way and we would have too.

THey say poor graduation rates, and that a lot of the players are in trouble with the law...huggins can only control them so much...and if it happens why doesnt the SCHOOL step in and take care of it or tell huggins what to do. yes huggins got a DUI but i guarentee people on the board have driven drunk and just never been caught!

i think they should have let him do the first year in the new conference and durin the season have the new coach by his side to get used to things and have a year of UC basketball under his belt, but then again thatd just make sense and what they are doing doesnt..now recruiting is going to go down, i mean they may have already lost OJ Mayo whos the #1 highschool junior in america. ive played against him and he deserves that rank lol.. people come to UC because of huggins and with out him there i think the program will fall hard, unless they can get a big name coach in fast. idk though. huggins also hasnt had any offers so we will ssee what happens
Old 08-26-2005, 09:36 AM

I agree not to sure that working with the up and coming coach with recruiting is going to be enough. I am sure that several players do not want to see him go either so that will be a downer for the year. Bring in the new as an assistant to him and let the kids get to know him and things could have gone better. Big SEC fan here but out of my conference Cincy is one of my favs. Hope that they get there act together fast and are able to keep a good program going there.