Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

So, How Would You Like To Finance Your Ps3?

Old 04-06-2006, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (SilentSecret @ Apr 6 2006, 09:59 PM)
i to this day play ps2 and enjoy it.

Some people do enjoy it. Most of them are in mental hospitals.

wink1.gif

Redz why do you feel the need to put ps3 down even b4 you have seen/play/experience it?

Ehh, cause it's a sony product.

Because it's going to be way overpriced.

Because they are using it to try to push their new form of DVD's on folks.

Because loading times are going to take FOREVER on it, like back when CD players first came out on PC's.

Because the controller looks like it belongs on Batman's Utility Belt.

Because most of the games are the exact same. With sequels 2 or 3 times a year.

you never know ps3 might be the best console ever made and blow 360 out of the water or put x box out of the system war all together.

The dreamcast was the best system ever. Period.

As for the latter, that won't happen. Bill Gates is the richest person in the world. Only company with more money is Wal Mart. His mission statement in getting into gaming was that they would start to see a profit with their THIRD system.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:39 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

lmao.gif somone warn him for posting the person above him lol

mental patient... what can i say to that ... what a comeback/answer

everything that came after its a sony product is just a asumption or something you got off a xbox tree humping forum.
you don't know if its going to be overpriced, if the new dvd's will be better, you don't know how long loading times will be, and as far as the games being the same allot are allot aren't but im glad they do gta wouldnt have came as far as it did would it? or how about gran turismo?

but really if you think the dreamcast was the best then you really are smokin crack. it had some good games and it could have been better but most of there games sucked period i owned mine for 2 months b4 geting rid of it. i still remember some of the dream games but i can buy better versions of the same games now for me ps2.

you don't know the future. bill gates is worth billions but how much does he have? every company can fall and every new technology can get put in the trash. watch for the 360 to be given away cuz sony puts um away. owned.gif
Old 04-06-2006, 10:40 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

you know the price will go down. but don't forget how much everything has improved over the last few years, from being just impressive, to being just jaw dropping. listen to all the things you get in the system compared to before. like supposedly playstation cost $299.00 at one point when all it was was some processor that now a chip could run. with these new systems you get impressive performance and memory, fans, minichips, wireless controllers, all sorts of neat little gadgets all packed together. it's no surprise they would spend their money but would need much more in return.

when those fourth and fifth generation systems come out, they'll be costing close to $1,000.00 and people will still be buying them.

I still luv my N64. they still need to come out with some nice games for it.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:52 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

cool.gif Dreamcast the best system, ? I agree, lay off the drugs Redz. The idea was great, but they failed to use it to it's potential and we all stripped it's games left and right. Xbox is on the same path. They both can exist but Sony still owns the market multiple times over, Xbox just has a good US market so be it. MS will be playign catch up and having to put out it's next system faster if it gets behind thus losing a year or two support and what Gates is expecting to make back on games get's shortened.

Oh and the controller thing on PS3? Why is this always an argument. They said at it's showing the controller was the first thing to be changed so people should stop thinking that's what it looks like. Arguments that hold no water is all I ever hear quoted. And price? If it were an xbox you'd buy it. . . maybe. It's a computer to your TV at this point. So a grand isn't far off or crazy in the future. My PC runs over 3g's is that nuts? Yet a body kit of plaster and fiber glass costs 1500 - 2000 bucks isn't worthless? or a cluth for our car $700 or . . the list goes on and on and on, car industry are thieves.
Lionhead studio? Please they do a game well, After taking a couple years past expected release date to do it. Fable? you mean the game that had all these great ideas and got chomped away piece by piece as to what they couldn't acomplish on the platform? Thus the Blue Box cartoon in the beginning.

I agree and never said Windows would disappear, your crazy to think otherwise. 3 genres? Uhm. . maybe we shop at different places I can't think of a more over genre system of shooters than Xbox and I HATE repetative Shooters. And of course for business and survival of companies I also would put the same game out for every console. (PC's own always still by the way) but Sony has way more SONY titles worth playing while MS tries hard to make original games to compete I give it to them but they just all suck.

Bah, I can't go back and do the glory to Redz quote/post quote/post so this is all I can recall reading and not near what I can comment about, but for only liking MS your a hater bro. But for argument sake I'll just stick with middle of the road, I own/will own both and Sony dominates while MS is second rate. smile.gif These debates go round and round, so Redz post your rebuttle and lets be done with it. No console should become Tiburon Enthusiasts. cool.gif
Old 04-07-2006, 09:36 AM

QUOTE (SilentSecret @ Apr 6 2006, 10:39 PM)
lmao.gif somone warn him for posting the person above him lol

I didn't.

everything that came after its a sony product is just a asumption or something you got off a xbox tree humping forum.
you don't know if its going to be overpriced, if the new dvd's will be better, you don't know how long loading times will be, and as far as the games being the same allot are allot aren't but im glad they do gta wouldnt have came as far as it did would it? or how about gran turismo?

Uhm, nope. It's fact mang.

For example, 1Up.com is NOT a Xbox friendly place at all. They've said it.

Overpriced? Dude, the Blueray DVD player alone, just a REGULAR BLUERAY DVD PLAYER, is 800 to 1200 dollars. Add a controller, video game support and hardware. I'm not making it up. Go look up info about the blueray players anywhere.

http://www.blu-ray.com/

As for the new DVD's, it's been argued to death all over the internet. There is no need for DVD's that hold 50 Gigs of info yet. None.

Loading times, that's a FACT. New disk systems that come out start at 1 or 2X speed. It's FACT. They double in speed every generation until you get to the maximum of 52X or so, after that the disks shatter from centrifigual force. The DVD player in the OLD Xbox was a 5X speed DVD player, and was later upgraded to a 8X. Loading times weren't so bad on most games, but some were outrageous.

http://www.xbreporter.com/xbox_syste...ifications.php

Now, the 360 has a 12X standard DVD player. Pretty damned fast for DVD and loading times aren't bad at all.

http://hardware.teamxbox.com/articles/xbox...cifications/p1/

http://playstation3.wordpress.com/specifications/
Hmm...

http://www.ps3court.com/index.php?page=specs
Hmmm, no speed listed...

http://home.btconnect.com/hgi/ps3/ps3_news-A006.html

Best I've read is that it could come with a 4X drive, if they are out in time. Most likely not though, as the system cost would jump another $250.

but really if you think the dreamcast was the best then you really are smokin crack. it had some good games and it could have been better but most of there games sucked period i owned mine for 2 months b4 geting rid of it.

Wow, you must not have bought many games. The DC is considered by many folks to be the best console yet. The games were great, you could play online, and 4 people to one small system from the start without anything to attach to it. The controllers were way better than the PS or PS2 for sure.

i still remember some of the dream games but i can buy better versions of the same games now for me ps2.

Well DUH. Are you stupid? The Dreamcast has been gone for years now.

QUOTE (darkchylde @ Apr 7 2006, 04:52 AM)
Xbox is on the same path. They both can exist but Sony still owns the market multiple times over, Xbox just has a good US market so be it. MS will be playign catch up and having to put out it's next system faster if it gets behind thus losing a year or two support and what Gates is expecting to make back on games get's shortened.

Please explain how MS is going to play catchup? 1.5 Million are allready sold and out. Looks like SONY is playing catchup brotha.

As for the market, uhm, why would I care if they do good in Japan? I could care less. I hate most of the games that come from over there. The US Market is what I care about.

Oh and the controller thing on PS3? Why is this always an argument. They said at it's showing the controller was the first thing to be changed so people should stop thinking that's what it looks like. Arguments that hold no water is all I ever hear quoted.

Aww, is this a soft spot here? LOL

It's an arguement because the PS controllers have allways sucked, now if you throw it away from you, it'll come back and HIT you!

And price? If it were an xbox you'd buy it. . . maybe.

Ehhh, nope.

It's a computer to your TV at this point.

Yup. And I'm loving being able to play music and such off of my PC, wirelessly, over my home theater system. And it was simple to hook up.

My PC runs over 3g's is that nuts?

Yeah, very nuts. Mine cost like $700 I think, but the VA bought it for me. My dad bought a $3000 computer once, back in the early 90's. 486 DX 266. Yup, it's worth about a nickle now.

Lionhead studio? Please they do a game well, After taking a couple years past expected release date to do it. Fable? you mean the game that had all these great ideas and got chomped away piece by piece as to what they couldn't acomplish on the platform? Thus the Blue Box cartoon in the beginning.

They do a few games well. Black & White was a outstanding success in the PC world, and would be great on the 360. Fable, if you haven't played it, was a great game. Overhyped? Yup. Still a great game though.

and I HATE repetative Shooters.

Me too, hence why I buy different ones.

And of course for business and survival of companies I also would put the same game out for every console. (PC's own always still by the way) but Sony has way more SONY titles worth playing while MS tries hard to make original games to compete I give it to them but they just all suck.

Oh? Like what? The Halo franchise is one of the best ever. I'm sure you'll talk it down though. What other "Exclusives do they have that are worth a damn? GTA? Not exclusive, and the Xbox versions have always looked better.

Final Fantasy? Not anymore. Even Game Informer gave the 360 the edge in this round, AND they've said that yes, we've seen pretty much the end of game exclusivity from seperate game developers.

Don't get me wrong, I gave PS a chance.

When I was in the service I had duty for 2 weekends in a row. I had a friend give me a PS2 and all the games he had for it and played it for 24 hours. Not bad. Tekken rocked. GTA was okay. There were a few other allright games and I planned on buying one.

Then the next weekend a friend lent me his huge, heavy, bulky Xbox and like 4 games. I got to play it for 24 hours.

I went and bought an Xbox the next day. The controllers felt better, the games were more interesting and not just the same rehashed SHIT from Sony and Co, and you could play your own music in several of the games as a soundtrack.

Innovation. I don't see Sony having it, again.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:43 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Old 04-24-2006, 03:50 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^^ confused.gif
Old 04-24-2006, 04:39 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Maybe a lil' of this too

Old 04-24-2006, 05:14 PM

QUOTE (Patreezy @ Apr 24 2006, 01:43 PM)

It took you 2 weeks to find that?

Douchebag.

owned.gif