Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

So Basically

Old 03-07-2007, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well im posting this because i really feel that i am not welcomed here at all

redzman quotes everything ive said sentence by sentence and doggs on it or tells me im wrong (even in my introduction post)..

now other people are joining in on making me feel like a dumbass on this website

i regret making my display name because apparently its retarded.. and my tib isnt as pimped out as your guys' so i guess im out of my league as far as the car goes.

i already know redzman is going to tell me im wrong and its my fault for all of this and i brought it all on myself.. but im the noob and i dont know whats going on.. you guys are supposed to be nice, accepting, and supportive of me and my car. im a nice guy and i was just looking for a place to learn more about my car and meet new people

i thought this website/forum was a place for me to be part of a community

obviously newcomers are not welcome. when i am getting made fun of for my display name then this place isnt what i thought it would be..
Old 03-07-2007, 08:51 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I have been trying to get REDZMAN to lay off. I don't think he understands he's a businessman now and you are a potential customer. hint hint...

anyways, he does this to everyone, we DO get a lot of junk around here. People try and use us, scam us, and end up just annoying us. I know who you are and you're a cool dude. They don't. You may have a lot of catching up to do on cars/tiburon knowledge but hey, that's why we all sit in front of our computers on this website aint it?

you ARE welcome here nate dogg, and as I said in the shoutbox;

you can change it [your name]. ask redzman to do it. toooo.... Walk My Crank ..kk?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I don't see anything wrong with your name. shrug.gif

if you want, we can change the name displayed on the forums, and you can still maintain the same login information.

I haven't been very active the last few weeks, so I haven't seen most of the circumstances.

Most of the time people are "attacked" based on the comments made by the poster. It's not something personal or a way to get at you as an individual. To keep me from searching through the forums, what type of "dogging" on you have people been doing? What was it in relation to?

I get more crap about my body kit than anyone on here. You have to be able to take some criticism as a way of people helping you with your car.

If you want to leave, then go, but we're probably the most accepting forum for Hyundai's there is. That doesn't necessarily excuse any of our actions, but if you can't hang with us, you'll have a hard time elsewhere.

Edit: You only have 9 posts..... you haven't even had time to get "dogged" on lol.gif
Old 03-07-2007, 08:55 AM

thanks treezy

but i think im done with this site already

i blew my introduction and redzman totally made me look like a complete n00b

i didnt see that coming from the f#@$@# administrator

wow..
Old 03-07-2007, 08:59 AM

I read your introduction post, and a lot of the stuff u said was incorrect. i would have corrected u, but redzman already got to it...

i dont kno what his motivation would have been, but if it was me doing it i would have corrected you only so you do not make the same mistakes again. some people can be really rude and are only here to prove how massive their Tiburon IQ is. But like i said, i would have only corrected you so u dont make the same errors again, but i dont know redzman's motivation for doing this so i cannot speak for him.

The verticle doors are pretty sweet btw. What color angel eye headlights are yours? I've been thinknig of getting some white ones, but i am concerned with not being able to see the deer at night (yes wisconsin has deer EVERYWHERE).
-Adam
Old 03-07-2007, 09:07 AM

majiktib thanks..

youve actually probably been the nicest person on here. im not going to change my name and im probably not going to check this site ever again.. and honestly its redzman's fault for driving me away from this site by pointing out how i was wrong about EVERYTHING i described about my car. it was not critizim at all.. it was him blatently telling me that whatever i said my car had was not what it really had. and that was on my FIRST post my introduction post! then the more i said, the more he was attacking me with sarcasm and just being outright rediculous. im sure this site is great once youve been a member over time.. but these are my first few posts and im getting doggd on for my car and now my display name.. and i just became a member..

this site is wack for newcomers and i feel like a stupid kid that knows nothing about tibs and even though i want to learn then im going to have to put up with a bunch of uneeded crap just to get known in here or learn anything.

so ill just leave and not do anything to my car or learn anything.. ill just keep it the way it is and drive it into the ground

i like my tib anyway and if ppl on here think its retarded then i dont really care because it looks beter than the hondas im passing up on the freeways smile.gif
Old 03-07-2007, 09:11 AM
Administrator

You won't think I'm the nicest for long...

alright... I just went through and read your introduction thread.

If you want to leave, then please, leave. We won't make you stay, but you need to, if for anything else, do it for yourself.

REDZMAN was acting VERY nice to you. He comes across VERY SARCASTIC sometimes, but he wasn't even functioning at 10% in your thread. If it's too much for you to handle, you probably won't enjoy hanging around here. He was being sincere in pointing out your flaws, pointing you into the right direction, TRYING TO HELP YOU. You can take it how you want, but there was nothing wrong with REDZMAN's postings. It's obvious to see his intention was to help you.

You can have 2 B's if you want, nobody cares. He was letting you know there aren't 2 B's in Tiburon.

You don't have gullwing doors. He was letting you know so that you don't embarass yourself in front of local friends who might know the difference.

He banged on you a little for having an automatic transmission, but everyone will do that. I dealt with it for 5 years and finally swapped mine to a manual. Some have automatics, some have manuals. No big deal, just personal preference. If you want an auto, it won't be as fast as a manual without doing quite a few mods.

You're brand new to the Tiburon. Do you want to sound like an idiot while talking to your friends about it, or referring to your "Gullwing doors" or do you want us to help you KNOW your car and what it can do? Since you know so little about your car, it's in your best interest to stop this whining and let us help you. You'll learn a lot about your car if you hang around.

Hell, when I was 17 and bought my Tiburon, I didn't know the difference between an automatic and a manual transmission. 6 years later, I'm swapping from one to the other. Couldn't have done it without the Hyundai community.

IF YOU THOUGHT THE INTRODUCTION THREAD WAS BAD... WAIT TIL REDZMAN FINISHES REPLYING TO THIS ONE...
Old 03-07-2007, 09:26 AM

lol in my eyes his method of correcting me was pretty much like a 5 year old saying "i told you so.. i told you so... i know soooooo much about tibbs and you are a flippin retard for even thinking about joining this site, cuz you know NOTHING"

i dont know anything about my car except how to drive it and i was really expecting to meet normal people in here.

who quotes EVERY sentence and writes theyre little 2 cents in after. cmon.

i am mostly upset about the fact that i was corrected so harshly in my FIRST post. the polite thing would have been to PM me or something and tell me the correct information on my car. not to quote every single thing i said about my car and correct me in public on here on my very first post. i got made fun of and laughed at by the F$%^$ administrator on my introduction thread, would you be a happy newcomer if this happened to you?

oh yeah and then this morning i check the site when i get off work and right on the frickin main page is ppl making fun of my name.. wow thats pretty cool i guess im the laughing stock of this site.. even when im not here.

"REDZMAN was acting VERY nice to you. He comes across VERY SARCASTIC sometimes, but he wasn't even functioning at 10% in your thread."

HAHAHAHAH sweet.. then i guess im outta here if the f***in administrator is THAT big of an asshole
Old 03-07-2007, 09:27 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

For any of you that haven't seen the drama so far, or want to verify that either...

A. I was/wasn't being an ass.
B. I was/wasn't being rude.
C. This guy is oversensitive.

Please check and read this thread.
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=21146

QUOTE (Shift my tib @ Mar 7 2007, 08:46 AM)
well im posting this because i really feel that i am not welcomed here at all

redzman quotes everything ive said sentence by sentence and doggs on it or tells me im wrong (even in my introduction post)..

now other people are joining in on making me feel like a dumbass on this website

i regret making my display name because apparently its retarded.. and my tib isnt as pimped out as your guys' so i guess im out of my league as far as the car goes.

i already know redzman is going to tell me im wrong and its my fault for all of this and i brought it all on myself.. but im the noob and i dont know whats going on.. you guys are supposed to be nice, accepting, and supportive of me and my car. im a nice guy and i was just looking for a place to learn more about my car and meet new people

i thought this website/forum was a place for me to be part of a community

obviously newcomers are not welcome. when i am getting made fun of for my display name then this place isnt what i thought it would be..

You are completely welcome here. No one said you weren't. I quote and reply to stuff that way so whomever I'm talking to isn't confused about what I'm talking about. New folks especially, seem to get upset when they don't get a "Wow, that's the best looking tiburon ever", ass sucking compliments when they show up. You are a case in point. You haven't been dogged at all. If you think so, you really need re look at things. Folks can show you cases of someone being "dogged" here. I also didn't just outright tell you that you were wrong about anything. I attempted to show you what was done to your car, since the previous owner was a moron and couldn't tell you anything. You said it was a custom CAI. I told you it was a AEM. I even agreed that your wheels weren't too bad, and to try to further help you as a new member, I told you that you have a front strut bar, and probably NOT a sway bar, and the reasoning for it. Would you rather know the truth or go around telling your friends you have shit that you don't have? This is why I told you to take off the covers and look at the speakers you have, that they may be stock since the owner runs a audio shop and he left the stock stereo in it.

No one said anything about your display name at all. Stop being a baby. I made a joke about how you kept writing TIB with 2 b's instead of TIB with one b. If that hurt, the internet may not be a place for you. We have other members (OH MY GOD!) with two B's for Tib in their name, and I joke with them about it too. As for "pimping" out your tib, that's the stuff that annoys folks. I don't "Pimp" out my tib, and I can safely say that almost no active member here "Pimps" out their tib either. We modify them, we work on them and make them better. Most of us here are anti decal, anti chrome, and anti RICE in the major forms of the word and the stuff you see in Fast and Furious. NO one said your car was shit, and that it wasn't properly "Pimped". No one said thattheir car was better than yours in the other threads either. Stop making stuff up.

Everyone here has been nice to you, and we are accepting. You are right, you ARE new here, and the only thing I told you to do, was to READ AND FOLLOW THE RULES. You think I'm dogging you because I saw your posts around the forums such as...

yo treezy, it's me, blue

I probably put too much punctuation in the above sample, but those posts have no place here. PM someone, or make a new thread, but don't go an hijack someone's thread to say hey, and don't do it numerous times a day. This is why I told you to take a week or so, read around the forums to see how things are run here, and read the rules and make a thread stating that you've done so. You still haven't obviously. I've gone out of my way to try to...

A. Show you how the site is run.
B. Show you how to fit in here.
C. Have a bit of fun to get you to laugh.
D. Inform you of what is actually on your vehicle, since you were lied to before.
E. Educate you in the difference of some parts.
F. Try to get you to do some of your own work to save money.

All you say is that I was rude to you. Go read stuff again, maybe you'll understand. Maybe you won't, but either way, I don't really care. Newcomers ARE very welcome here. If they weren't, we would never had the amount of users we do have. This site has rules, and we are pretty firm about them here. If you can't hack that, you should honestly go elsewhere. I am not kissing anyone's ass. Any new user that can't figure out how things go here or aren't willing to learn or follow the rules, will make their own path. Usually they want to get spoon fed information and be told that their mostly stock car is the hottest shit on the planet. Usually they go to Hyundaituner.com and talk shit about RDT after that. That's fine if that's your choice.

Now, see why I quote the way I do? The above reply will probably confuse some since it addresses so much.

QUOTE (Patreezy @ Mar 7 2007, 08:51 AM)
I have been trying to get REDZMAN to lay off. I don't think he understands he's a businessman now and you are a potential customer. hint hint...

anyways, he does this to everyone, we DO get a lot of junk around here. People try and use us, scam us, and end up just annoying us. I know who you are and you're a cool dude. They don't. You may have a lot of catching up to do on cars/tiburon knowledge but hey, that's why we all sit in front of our computers on this website aint it?

you ARE welcome here nate dogg, and as I said in the shoutbox;

Patreezy, you never said a word to me about any of this bro.

This site is not a business, so there are no lost customers here.

Patreezy hit it right on the head here. We DO get a lot of junk here, and a lot of members that show up "Yo, how much chrome can my car drag along the 1/4 mile?" and shit. I occasionally have the time to try to help out a new member and give some extra time into their intro, as I did with you. I asked you a bunch of questions, and didn't get any answers. So I can see what kind of member you are going to be.

QUOTE (majiktib @ Mar 7 2007, 08:53 AM)
I don't see anything wrong with your name. shrug.gif

if you want, we can change the name displayed on the forums, and you can still maintain the same login information.

I haven't been very active the last few weeks, so I haven't seen most of the circumstances.

Most of the time people are "attacked" based on the comments made by the poster. It's not something personal or a way to get at you as an individual. To keep me from searching through the forums, what type of "dogging" on you have people been doing? What was it in relation to?

I get more crap about my body kit than anyone on here. You have to be able to take some criticism as a way of people helping you with your car.

If you want to leave, then go, but we're probably the most accepting forum for Hyundai's there is. That doesn't necessarily excuse any of our actions, but if you can't hang with us, you'll have a hard time elsewhere.

Edit: You only have 9 posts..... you haven't even had time to get "dogged" on lol.gif

His name is fine. Folks are making fun of it in the shoutbox now, but it's because of THIS drama. LOL

Majik, read his intro thread, I posted the link at the top of this thread. If that's dogging someone, then Kit Fox really got abused. LOL

This is why I keep trying to have this guy read and CONFIRM THAT HE HAS READ, the rules. The forum rules state that if you post here, you have to learn to deal with criticism. Not everyone will like your velour head rests, or your TYPE R honda badges.

Oh well. Let the fest... fest...er.. Yeah.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Administrator

QUOTE (Shift my tib @ Mar 7 2007, 10:23 AM)
who quotes EVERY sentence and writes theyre little 2 cents in after. cmon.

REDZ does. He does it all the time. Look at almost any of his posts.

I also do it, as I am here, and it's done so that I can address specific parts of your post to make it easy to understand what I'm referring to and my direct response to your comment.
i am mostly upset about the fact that i was corrected so harshly in my FIRST post. the polite thing would have been to PM me or something and tell me the correct information on my car. not to quote every single thing i said about my car and correct me in public on here on my very first post. i got made fun of and laughed at by the F$%^$ administrator on my introduction thread, would you be a happy newcomer if this happened to you?
It's an introduction thread. That's what we want to do, set you straight before you start posting in the normal forums. The replies to your intro post were to EDUCATE you, not to "laugh" at you. Trust me, you aren't the first one to not know the difference between Vertical Doors, Gullwing doors, etc. and it's not entirely your fault. People misquote them all the time, make websites based off of "gullwing" doors and sell Vertical Door kits on EBay and call them Gullwing doors. You're not alone, but we will correct you if you're wrong, and it's not to "laugh" at you or make fun of you, it's to help you understand your car.
oh yeah and then this morning i check the site when i get off work and right on the frickin main page is ppl making fun of my name.. wow thats pretty cool i guess im the laughing stock of this site.. even when im not here.
You aren't the laughing stock of this site. Stop your whining. You aren't that important here yet... there are thousands of members here and over a thousand posts every day. Two days from now people won't even remember your intro post or your name... unless you whine about it and blow it up to be bigger than it is.

The fact that REDZ took the time to reply to your whining and do it as considerate as possible shows that everyone here is willing to help you:

slap.gif