Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Is this site legit?

Old 02-28-2011, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5l Limited
Default Is this site legit?

So I stumbled across this website called beezid.com. It is a website where they do actions on electronics for cheap. Does anyone know if this website is real or a scam? They say their products are brand new. Thanks
Old 02-28-2011, 01:38 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Originally Posted by iheartmyredcar
So I stumbled across this website called beezid.com. It is a website where they do actions on electronics for cheap. Does anyone know if this website is real or a scam? They say their products are brand new. Thanks
Its a penny auction, it is legit. The thing that makes it different is that the timer could run down to 2 seconds, someone places a .01 cent bid, timer goes up again to 10 seconds. Basicaly you purchase 100 bids for X amount of dollars. The way that the company can afford giving something away for that cheap is because if you are bidding on a 100 dollar gift card, dont bid more than a 100 times for the item. 100 bids is equal to a 1.00 price displayed. So if an item says its going for 12.17, over 1200 bids have been placed by people on that item. 1,217 bids means beezid has made 1,217 dollars off the item.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:45 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Legit is a very loose term. Legal? Yes. Practical? Definitely Not. The site is filled with people that sit at their desktop and stare at them just to save a little money.

I used to work for a marketing company that almost invested time into a project very similar to this one, but realized that it requires a large audience and constant

participation in order to turn a profit, which is exactly why they have TV commercials. The company also most likely shares your information with client companies about

what products you bid on in order to produce demographic statistics about prospective customers or to extend deals/offers to you.

And as said by atomic, they make $1200 on a $400 product and sell it for $12. Scammy, imo.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Penny auctions are scams. Google it.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:12 PM

Vehicle: 05 Hyundai Tiburon SE

Floyd got my 32 gig Ipod touch brand new for $128 from a similar website. It took him a couple of days watching the site to get it though.