Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Since Halloween is right around the corner...

Old 10-07-2013, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Accent
Default Since Halloween is right around the corner...

lets talk about ghost stories. When is the last time you felt a presence or something not good? Either in your house, a friends house, or in a place that you adventured to that was supposedly haunted? Bonus points if you actually saw a ghost.

Jesus lovers can...

Old 10-08-2013, 06:46 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Old 10-08-2013, 06:45 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

i dont believe in ghosts or spirits. i think its all bs that people talk about or create just to get a reaction out of people who do believe in that stuff.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:13 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

So, odd enough and you can discount it as see fit, but the day my grandfather died, moments after his passing (come to find out hours later); I was fast asleep in bed and was having a dream that he was down a long hallway waving at me as a door shut between us. I was immediately woken by the sound of knocking on my front door. Not just once, but also as I was putting on pants to answer the door. But when I got there there was no one. At that time I lived on the top floor of an apartment complex with an enclosed breezeway and loud, echoy metal stairs. If someone had been and left, I could have easily heard them going down the stairs. I found out only later that afternoon that moments prior to all of this occurring he was pronounced dead. It's eerie! And to add to the story, I overheard one of my cousins saying the same thing a bit later. After talking with her, she had almost the same experience. It's really really weird.

Of course, if you want to talk about a time I damn near shat myself from fear. I was staying the night in a friends apartment. Now, to set the stage, this apartment building is in a part of Macon, GA known for haunted houses and Historically damaged building from the Civil War. The complex is an old hospital converted into livable space. People there frequently talk about seeing objects move mysteriously, and lights flashing, voices, noises, etc, from the basement area where some of the old equipment is and has been sealed off. So we're in the kitchen playing games on the table when there's a knock on the door leading to the fire escape. The fire escape that has been boarded up for decades and is long since dilapidated. Hell, the doors are supposed to be nailed shut. Needless to say we all jumped back and after the 3rd knock pulled back the curtains to see a man asking for someone's apartment number. A bit disturbed, we just gave him a BS answer and he went about his business. Come to find in the morning, his business was breaking into apartments. The found him laid out on the floor of the fire escape after sever stairs had collapsed, several broken ribs and a shattered femur from the fall and several bad punctures having landed on tons of rusty nails. It turns out he's the one that's been the cause of a lot of the lights being seen and peoples stuff going missing/moved. He was hospitalized for a bit and eventually jailed. They found he had broken in without anyone noticing by prying open the boarded up doorways and nailing it back shut from the inside. He was using the basement to get from one corridor to another. No one else was located down there and they eventually bricked up the abandoned entrances. Funny story of the "ghost" being captured. Whats even funnier? The lights and noises still happen from time to time.

That's a true story.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I thought all paranormal crap was total BS until:

1. I used a Ouija board. It successfully predicted many things that happened in my life. Some haven't happened, yet at least, but several did, including the name of my first wife.

2. I lived in a haunted apartment. A ton of weird stuff happened, but what sealed it was my toddler daughter struggling with an unseen force for her hat. After she gave up and ran crying to me the hat just sat there in midair, not moving at all for several seconds. Long enough for her to get to me, sit on my lap, and turn around. Then it just dropped. There were other things, lots of them, but that was the moment that I could no longer tell myself that paranormal activity was all BS.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:21 AM

Vehicle: 2010/Hyundia/Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track

I am sure these people who ran away are now believers for life....or unitl they see this on youtube. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlOxlSOr3_M

I don't believe in it to the extent you guys above do, but I see no purpose in bashing/condeming those that do believe. Instead, I find it more interesting to find out how/why you think this way.

For those that do believe in it....Is this anything that changes/changed your lifestyle? Makes you fear/avoid certain things?

Are you more curious to figure out how/why it is happening if you could? Or would you rather avoid it all together if you could?

Is it something that intrigues you, but you would rather observe 'behind protective glass' (figuratively speaking, where you can observe/experience, but it can't hurt/effect you, basically like a good movie (that sucks you in/hypnotizes) or a dream.

You say a Ouiji board predicted some things.... Do you now believe in them or thier powers? So much to ask it 'life' questions and follow? Or is that too big of a risk you don't believe in it that much? When you met your gf (that becaem your wife) and she introduced herself with the name from that board, did it control/change/effect your thoughts of her?

With regards to your daughter....Are you now scared of that force that held her hat? You know what you experienced, right now, science can't explain it, you now believe in something that can't be explained? Do you have a fear of it? Your fear could be for your own health, or for a loved ones health (such as your daughter) Would you challenge this 'force'?
Old 10-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Originally Posted by Whatnot

You say a Ouiji board predicted some things.... Do you now believe in them or thier powers? So much to ask it 'life' questions and follow? Or is that too big of a risk you don't believe in it that much? When you met your gf (that becaem your wife) and she introduced herself with the name from that board, did it control/change/effect your thoughts of her?

With regards to your daughter....Are you now scared of that force that held her hat? You know what you experienced, right now, science can't explain it, you now believe in something that can't be explained? Do you have a fear of it? Your fear could be for your own health, or for a loved ones health (such as your daughter) Would you challenge this 'force'?
I believe Ouija boards CAN work. I don't think they usually do. I got one as a present and was just fooling around with it with a friend. We were able to get the puck to slide out from beneath our fingers we were definitely not moving the puck. When we were using it we spent a lot of time. I mostly asked about the way things were wherever it was located. I got some incredible answers. It talked about what it was physically capable of vs. what it was allowed to do in our existence. The thing I was talking to said that it was not a deceased person it was another entity and there were no deceased people where it is. It said the Ouija board wasn't special except that it was a convenient interface for both sides.

It said that where it was you can't see far but communication attracts a lot of attention and would draw a crowd. It said that communicating was costly for them but wasn't allowed to explain what made it costly. Only that they had to save up for any interaction with our experience and that it meant missing out on other things. At one point it said I had to put the Ouija board away because something very bad and very powerful was approaching and that if it got there I wouldn't be able to close the connection. It was extremely interesting and pretty freaky. What I was talking to seem to fit the description of Jinn more than "ghosts".

I hadn't remembered that it predicted my wife's name until my friend reminded me years later. We remembered it because it was the same name as my fat next door neighbor so people were teasing me. I used the excuse that the spelling was different...and the spelling matched who I married.

I never tell this story because I know it sounds crazy. If I wasn't there myself I wouldn't believe it, so I don't blame anyone for doing the same. Actually, even if I was there but didn't have a witness I would still question myself but other people were there for everything.

As far as the force that held my kid's hat it was a weird series of developments. It started with her having an "invisible friend" that she called Bob. Over time it started to make us wonder if Bob was truly imaginary. Things would be moved, we would hear things a lot. If we turned off the TV when we got upstairs it would turn back on. Channels would change on their own. Once I played a two player game of Monopoly on the N64 with something that wasn't visible. Overall we were pretty comfortable with the situation and "Bob" seemed harmless and didn't concern us.

Eventually things started to change. My kid would get in arguments with Bob. After the hat incident there were two violent things that happened. The first I was sitting on my recliner with my kid on my lap cuddling me and I started to feel her head pressing into me harder and harder until I thought it was weird that she could push so hard. I looked down at her and she looked terrified. I felt her neck trying to see if she was having a cramp or something and her muscles were totally limp. It was pushing harder and harder until it was hurting me and I was worried that her skull was going to break. I was a little frozen because I was freaked out but then I just yelled "Knock it off!" and it immediately stopped. A few days later my daughter was in her crib when I heard a MASSIVE thud followed by my daughter's blood-curdling scream. I ran upstairs and she was in her crib with a swollen welt from being hit in the face by her glass baby bottle. By this time I was pretty use to the way things "felt" and I could feel the entity in the room with me. I grabbed my daughter and went downstairs. I heard it follow me. At the bottom of the stairs I turned around and screamed "You have to leave! Anything here with us is not welcome in this house and I demand that you leave!" Directly after that the entire place started rumbling and shaking. The light fixtures swayed. After that there was no more activity in the apartment for the rest of the time we lived there.

I am slightly scared of this stuff. I didn't buy a couple of houses for no other reason than disliking the feeling of entities that were there. My house had no feeling that there were any unseen presences, which was part of my decision to buy it. Over time that has changed, there is now a fair amount of activity at my house but most of the time it's benevolent. I did have an issue recently where that wasn't the case, but I'm hoping it was an isolated incident.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by 187sks
..... I turned around and screamed "You have to leave! Anything here with us is not welcome in this house and I demand that you leave!" Directly after that the entire place started rumbling and shaking. The light fixtures swayed. After that there was no more activity in the apartment for the rest of the time we lived there.

I am slightly scared of this stuff. I didn't buy a couple of houses for no other reason than disliking the feeling of entities that were there. My house had no feeling that there were any unseen presences, which was part of my decision to buy it. Over time that has changed, there is now a fair amount of activity at my house but most of the time it's benevolent. I did have an issue recently where that wasn't the case, but I'm hoping it was an isolated incident.

Interesting. So do you believe you have authority over these 'forces'? Or was that a scared outburst and lucky reaction that it did listen to you? Would you ever challenge it? I am leaning towards no, since you have avoided houses due to this feeling and hope that was isolated.

Do you think it is possible to have authority over it? Do you think it has any authority over you? Can it kill you? Or is it just to hurt and/or scare you?

You speak of "Jinn", are you Islamic?
Old 10-15-2013, 10:37 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Yes yes, we're all hung like a Clydesdale on the internet.

Is this really the issue you want to use to prove it?

The topic was so much cooler
Old 10-16-2013, 10:53 AM

What does that even mean? I feel you misread something, or you aren't talking to me???

I am assuming that was directed at me since it was under mine, but I am not sure where you are going?

Who does and doesn't have a big penis has to do with???

And what issue is being used to prove what?

I simply had some curiosity and asked a few questions to try to learn more about others experiences/beliefs.