Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Shark Racing Discussion (Split from Speedstate Discussion)

Old 09-25-2003, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yup yup.. thanks.. pretty cool to have a form just for our car.. just found out about it recently...

well here is the conversation i had with someone from SR on the SROrders screenname:

BIGBOI2863 (4:45:50 PM): hey.. can u answer a question for me?
SRorders (4:45:57 PM): ok
BIGBOI2863 (4:46:23 PM): i was wondering if there was any way i could get more of the mesh used on the Cuda kit?
SRorders (4:46:55 PM): lately the kits that have been going out don't include the mesh like the original korean ones did
SRorders (4:47:07 PM): the factory that we get them done at doesn't put them on
BIGBOI2863 (4:47:33 PM): yeah.. i have the korean one... but i need more of the mesh, im getting it painted this week and need some new mesh cuz i messed up parts of it
SRorders (4:47:38 PM): we found that the ones we had before customers did not like them and ended up taking them off, so as part of the lowered price it is not included any longer
SRorders (4:47:47 PM): hmmm, those are difficult to get
SRorders (4:47:59 PM): our korean office had them made at the factory when they were getting them made over there
SRorders (4:48:14 PM): and that was last year, that factory went out of business
BIGBOI2863 (4:48:20 PM): so the korean office cant get a hold of simple mesh they used for a kit?
SRorders (4:48:22 PM): we wouldn't have any extras
SRorders (4:48:36 PM): it was a body shop that made it, and like i said the shop closed down
SRorders (4:48:41 PM): that's why we started making them over here
SRorders (4:48:52 PM): and lowered the price, and took out extra things like the mesh
BIGBOI2863 (4:49:46 PM): well i would just replace all the mesh with another kind.. but my sides are already molded on, and i cant replace the mesh... figured that since i paid that high of a price for a product, SR would help me out
SRorders (4:50:25 PM): what you paid for was when they were being made in korea, better quality, and of course the shipping and handling fees
SRorders (4:50:47 PM): there's nothing we can do for you at this point, like i said it was a body shop that supplied it, and they went out of business
BIGBOI2863 (4:52:59 PM): can't really say im suprised u said u couldnt help.. been that way every time i have dealt with SR
SRorders (4:53:19 PM): sorry, later
BIGBOI2863 (4:53:43 PM): heh.. i see u have changed ur customer service so much
SRorders (4:54:04 PM): is there something else you need?
BIGBOI2863 (4:54:34 PM): nah.. i wont be needing anything from SR again
SRorders (4:54:45 PM): ok good, bye

well basically Brad said i was the one being rude... i may have been a little sharp on my comments about their customer service, but im a customer, im supposed to complain, and they are supposed to help.
Anyway.. i can post up the emails brad and i sent back and forth if you would like to read, he mentions their "customer service policies", which i find, to say the least, Fvckin hilarious.

Thanks Redz for welcoming me, and yes, i did see that Yam/Brad edited all of your posts out of that thread, then locked it AS USUAL.. my car is almost out of the shop.. just another week or so..
Old 09-25-2003, 10:23 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Yeah, I find their policies very funny. Especially how they change when they can't get you something.

I should have saved all the emails from when me and Yam were going at it.

Better yet, I should just link to his posts at NT.com.

He REALLY chilled out on the forums after I contacted Sam about the way he was acting though.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:17 AM

To the best of their knowledge, they know no one who can help with that problem…I remember them asking around before for someone else a month ago, and could not find anything, so they knew that they could not get that information. There was no one else who could have helped that they could have passed you to. As far as saying sorry, I don’t even see why he wanted to apologize after the way you talked to him, but he still did. As far as them not “trying” to smooth talk the thing to try to get your business, that’s the company policy here…they are not motivated only to make a sale and to make a buck. They are under the policy that if a customer is overly rude, cusses, makes threats, etc. etc. that we would prefer they shop elsewhere than with them. Reason being is that people like that are most likely never to be satisfied, most likely to bad mouth the company publically no matter what the outcome, and for just principal. Now, in this situation, I don’t see them saying that they do not want to do business with you, or never to shop with them, but im letting you know the policy in case you were wondering why they weren’t bending over backwards for you after you said your comments about the customer service, and shopping with them again..

that is the very last email brad sent to me about this situation.... If i posted my first email sent.. it was just an email stating the customer service i received from on of SR's employees, i stated two or three times within the first two emails that i wasnt trying to start anything., was just making him aware of this situation.... cuz i seriously was going to give them another shot if they could simply get that mesh for me...

Redz... if i take a pic of the mesh and email it to you, can you get David to look around for it?

Thanks man.. this board is the shiat... cant wait til it grows and get bigger
Old 09-25-2003, 11:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Sure I can man.