Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Shark Envy E-Zine

Old 02-23-2003, 11:28 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Shark Envy E-Zine

Ok...some of you remember www.sharkenvy.com and the great ideas we had with this. For those of you that don't know about it, it was an idea that was brought up by Terri (tibgrrl) to see about starting an online E-zine about Hyundais. We all worked really hard and the debut issue of it is what you see online currently. Due to schedule conflicts, and Terri having her baby soon, and generally people falling away from the idea, it pretty much came to a hault pretty quick.

Now, the idea has come up again with getting Shark Envy back up and running. In order to do this, we need to find someone who will take over the site and host it. I know John Pare, myself, and a couple others are still gung ho about trying to make it happen and will contribute articles to keep it going strong. So, I need a SERIOUS response from some of you.[*]Who will be up for for helping out on the site? (editors, writers, web upkeep, etc...)[*]Who will take over the domain and host it? (it's paid up until April or May)

Please take a look at the site, give your honest opinion on it, and tell us if this is something you are interested in doing. You never know. If an E-zine such as this becomes really big, there might be someday an actual magazine for people to buy that's all about Hyundai's. (yeah..it's wishful thinking...but you never know.....)

Thanks. wink :
Old 02-24-2003, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be interested in helping out. I have alot of editing experience (2 yrs as a writer/ editor on my college paper), as well as a fair amount of web experience. So i would be interested in helping out as much as I can.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:13 AM

I wish i could help out But im not a great writer myself...However my wife is a great editor having years of college experience and having to work for a international corperation(Cap cup). You can Email me at Rlarosa@gmu.edu or whbk4life@yahoo.com

[ February 24, 2003, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: Aoshi ]
Old 02-24-2003, 04:29 AM

Vis, if you remember, I was trying to help out with the Shark Envy site and all that and then everyone seemed to either lose interest and/or got busy. I don't mind willing to help again. I can do whatever. But like I said before, I would like my own short weekly column that talks about the import scene surrounding Hyundai, just with alot of humor. wink
Old 02-24-2003, 05:33 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I'm going to be emailing Terri and John Pare later tonight. It looks like alot of people are really willing to work at this time. After I talk with them and get a general idea of some things, I'll email everyone and see what part of the E-zine they want to do or contribute in. wink
Old 02-24-2003, 08:22 AM

I can help if needed
Old 02-24-2003, 11:53 AM

i'm willing to help. i might be interested in owning the domain and hosting it. i'm also a very good writer. i don't have any formal experience, like writing for a school paper, but i enjoy writing and am obviously very interested in the hyundai scene. email me and keep me updated. jeffrey.dibartolomeo@quinnipiac.edu

::edit::
after having looked at the site, i can definately contribute in areas other than just hosting. i'm definately interested in writing. email me!!! i want to help and get this going.

[ February 24, 2003, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: turbulence ]