Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Scion

Old 07-15-2008, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

As some of you may know scion is a car company that debuted a few years ago. They used sales campaigns w/ younger adult drivers talking about how much they love their scion and what types of aftermarket add-ons they had installed on their new scion models. scion offered various options to customize each model to suit a customer's personal taste whilst retaining the factory warranty-... this sounded great to millions of ears of younger drivers eager to start customizing their new scions w/ audio systems, performance upgrades, and suspension upgrades just as scion planned.

Unfortunately, scion sales have been I a bit of a slump. there are still a few of younger drivers that still love their scions, but what scion didn't realize is that for some strange reason their cars were more appealing to that of an older crowd-... it's been noted that senior citizens are amongst the highest percentage of scion drivers.

It seems that for every modded scion I see; I see 5 scions w/ drivers who are a bit well advanced in age. scions are often found @ the pharmacy w/ handi-capable parking passes hanging from their rear view mirrors w/ the seat-belt caught in the door and stuffed animals littering the dash. None of which have any aftermarket to be seen, aside from seat covers.

Though the elderly drivers are keeping the sales above water for scion, it was not the projected crowd they were originally hoping for. So the question lingers-... how does scion target both generations? Maybe this new commercial may do the trick!

Old 07-15-2008, 07:12 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i like the original song much better, but this one is funny too. i thought they were going to do something more though.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:23 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

I loled
Old 07-15-2008, 08:44 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

lmao! that video is awesome

but i must fully agree with you on where the scion name seems to be going. when they first came out, i saw mostly younger people (especially those straight out of highschool) driving them. but that has changed. people like my 55ish year old Aunt drives a tC. its just strange.

what they should do is stop producing boxes on wheels. xB, xD and focus on better looking vehicles. haha
Old 07-15-2008, 08:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I've seen it before, it's great!!
Old 07-19-2008, 05:14 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

the XB is one of the"hate or love" relationships when it comes to vehicles.

I for one love it, damn near bought one and was still looking into one when i bought my tib. for a vehicle based of a mini-SUV chassis (the first xb's was based off the toyota RAV-4 chassis) lowered w/17" rims and rubber band tires it was a true eye opener. the one i tested was in oklahoma city. that town has some of the worst roads and the XB handled them in style. lots of headroom, adequate leg room in the back, i was impressed to say the least.

I agree, most older couples own them more than the new generation. hell, even in my little town there is a nun that owns a yellow xb and she tools around town all the time, loves the thing.

they are not performance barn burners but it seems anymore peopleare looking for bling and not vroom.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:54 AM

It seems that for every modded scion I see; I see 5 scions w/ drivers who are a bit well advanced in age.

That's because you live in the middle of FLORIDA, lol.

There's tons of Scions up here in New York and Ontario. Lots of young-middle aged people driving them around Toronto. But typically people up there drive smaller, newer cars.

Actually, as Im typing this, a brand new Xb just pulled up, and out came a guy in his 40s. So, there you go.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:45 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

i know in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia there are alot of modded scion tc's...i usually have not seen older people driving scions...

but i really have not paid alot of attention to them either

the only one i like is the TC
Old 07-19-2008, 04:15 PM

lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif SCION = owned.gif
Old 07-19-2008, 04:17 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

lol i do live in the middle of florida so-... so yes there are alot of blue hairs out here. i also live in the nudist capital of the nation and i don't see naked people all over.

i have seen one hilarious gray scion x? (the van one)-... it has "brave little toaster" vinyl'd across the windshield!

i really just posted all of that just to post the video-... if it's not a tib (or ferarri), i could give a crap.