Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Run off the road

Old 01-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0
Default Run off the road

So there I was driving to get more parts for the honda. I have been doing that a lot recently. When suddenly a wild SUV appears in my window pushing my rearview in he was so close. Coming in at a crazy angle, so it was turn with him and hit the curb or hit the brakes and have him plow into me. It was to late to try any other avoidance. I managed to only damage the tire/rim on the passenger side missing two poles. He got back into the lane and stopped. As I got my car back on the road and got out, he started going again. In a very uncontrolled manner heading for other light poles. Killing about three of them. I got back in the coupe and took chase. It didn't take long for the SUV to jump back off the curb and when it went to climb back up the now flat tire didn't make it. The truck wedged and stopped.

I ran up and got into the truck. Getting in through the cracked window and killed it then rendered first aid per the direction of 911. He was about to drown in a mess of vomitt/spit stuff. The other driver was having a seizure. His truck was pretty messed up with two totally destroyed rims and damage from the poles all over the place. The crazy thing is the cops told me I should have let him hit me and were not going to do any paperwork until they noticed he mauled the lights. How the f*ck is it ok to be driving when they had records showing he isn't suppose to be driving (over heard them talking) and its my fault that I kept him from potentially injuring me. Not just driving when the docs said no, but f*cking driving something just a tick under three tons. He did make contact, he closed my damn side mirror. That didn't matter. Three witness said they had no idea how I managed to avoid him because it looked like he was trying to hit me and we were so close to each other. Oy.. I got two new front tires and realigned it, just waiting to see if they will pay to replace the rim.

BTW around the time the medics got there he was starting to respond. Around the time the 10 cops pulled up he was talking and trying to not get on the ambulance. So I think he was ok. I am just glad he didn't go into oncoming traffic or go hard right into the houses. It could have been much worse.

The damage

The guy and his ride

Notice the lamps dropped straight down and the poles went flying

Where I hit the curb and ran up. I dunno what sort of grass that is, but neither the coup or the SUV tore it up really. You could barley make out where he had driven other than the poles all over the place.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Good job on the heads up driving. Glad it came out as not-bad as it did.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:18 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Holy sh*t man, that's loose! Ofc the insurance company will try to wriggle out of paying, but HELL naw. He's an unlicenced driver, he's automatically at fault.

Glad you're okay. That's heavy.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:40 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

man wytch that sucks glad youre ok
Old 01-20-2013, 10:40 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT

That's crazy man glad to hear you're ok!