Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Ron Paul predicts 50% inflation within two years

Old 07-07-2013, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Accent
Default Ron Paul predicts 50% inflation within two years

Ron Paul predicts inflation will reach 50% within two years due to nations debt

As Congressman and presidential candidate Ron Paul begins preparing for the 2012 election primaries, his message to the American people is tied primarily to the future outlook of the economy, and what is to come very soon unless the government addresses its massive debt and spending problems.

In a speech given on June 10th in New Hampshire, Congressman Paul gave a dire outlook to the audience on what we can expect from inflation and prices within the next couple years unless government spending and the growing debt is dealt with.

Texas congressman Ron Paul on Friday predicted that inflation will hit 50 percent in the next couple of years, thanks to the massive debt the country has accumulated.

Paul, who spoke to admirers and Republican activists at a Manchester house party, said the inflation will act like default.

Social Security checks will still be cut and interest payments will still be made, but the inflated dollars will allow the government to repay borrowed dollars with devalued money, Paul said.

“They cannot pay the debt,” he said. “I don't think that means you shouldn't try and work things out, but with the size of this debt it never gets paid.” By using the term 'default', Congressman Paul is in agreement with words given the same day by China's Dagong rating agency which said the US is already in default of its loans by allowing its currency to devalue. This devaluing of the currency is helping to cause the growing price inflation, and devaluing the debt China currently holds.

The struggles going on between Congress and the Obama administration regarding spending cuts, and the raising of the debt ceiling, does not appear to have any momentum towards resolution as the default date of early August nears. Unfortunately, each day the government fails to address either of these topics, the Treasury Department continues to appropriate funds from retirement coffers that are meant to sustain public workers. These actions only increase the debt, and add more inflation to the economy.

Ron Paul seems to be the lone advocate for the people regarding skyrocketing inflation, and the consequences of the upcoming debt crisis. By predicting a rise in inflation of 50% or more within the next few years, it is something every American needs to pay attention to as the Fed and Treasury decide on the next steps in our monetary policy regarding our growing national debt. Whatever the decision by the Fed, albeit inflation or deflation, it will have dire effects for all Americans and their pocketbooks.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ron-...#ixzz1P6DRbJuP

I believe it will go up within a couple of years but not 50%
Old 07-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I believe Ron Paul's brain is 50% dead. The other 50% is devoted to fear-mongering and grandiose posturing.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Targeted inflation is hyperinflation with a different time scale. Short-term hyperinflation is a political phenomenon, and I think the current government wants to win their re-elections enough to prevent it.