Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Road And Track Magazine.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

If you look at the new issue of Road and Track Magazine, you'll see one reader asking if Honda hired Hyundai to design their new Accord "It look slike a Sonata and Tiburon but together".

Another reader complained that the Subaru copied the Kia Spectra. Hehe so funny.

Of course, due to the Korean car bias, no article that test the Japanese car would never say something like that. It's only when people test Korean cars that they "resemble" some other ccar. The world we live in....
Old 11-06-2007, 10:42 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I agree totally, the new accord looks way too similar to the new sonata, come on honda, get your own designs.

I guess they want to see the same improvement in sales that Hyundai has had, lol, jealous much?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:56 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

in my neighborhood like 8 years ago our driveway was the only one with hyundais in it. everyone else owned something stupid. when i was in 6th grade, i remember some guy telling my dad "why don't you buy something nice?" HAHA. i saw this coming.

especially when the BK comes out, i'll love saying f__k you to all the people who asked me why i bought a hyundai.

my neighborhood almost has a hyundai on every street now.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:14 PM

it was only a matter of time.. face it, the Big players in Japan are worried about the Koreans. It may have taken the Japanese almost 35 years to stop making crap and get where they are today.. it only took hyundai 15..

Hopefully nobody will have to worry about the chinese (at least their cars)
Old 11-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Nex

^^
didnt they begin production of cars? some brand like Geely or w/e
Old 11-07-2007, 05:44 PM

Dude!
They have over 25 car brands inside China!

Here in Peru they have introduced the following:

Great Wall
Geely
Hafei
JingBei
Deer
Zodiac

There are car importers here (oficial distributors of well known brands as Subaru, Hyundai, etc) that are importing at least one brand... and the importer from Subaru has imported 3 brands...

BUT, they are currently CRAP; they have licensed models like the early 90's Toyota 4Runner, but have serious quality problems right now... like vehicles with 10k miles leaking oil from transimssion, differential, etc...
however, with the HUGE internal market they have, and the large pockets (due to selling to so many people) it wouldn't surprise me if they take even less time than Hyundai to produce something of a good quality to export and compete at least with the economic models.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Nex

go figure, sooner or later every car will say made in china. by then we will have moved to better things like flying vehicles
Old 11-07-2007, 07:12 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ Nov 7 2007, 05:14 PM)
it was only a matter of time.. face it, the Big players in Japan are worried about the Koreans. It may have taken the Japanese almost 35 years to stop making crap and get where they are today.. it only took hyundai 15.

What's really ironic is that Ford Motor Company was the first company ever to make cars, and they suck.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:16 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

They weren't the first automaker, they just became one of the leading pioneers because Henry Ford Modernized the Assembly line (he didnt actually create it as people think, just modernized it)

They had the same concept as the asian imports had to have success, make them cheap, sell them cheap.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:11 AM

The newer camrys and accords look very similar as well>>