Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Rip Mr. James W. Sterling Jr

Old 08-08-2007, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Monday my wife was called by her mother to tell her of the passing of her great-uncle. He was more like a grandfather to her. We drove up to Greene County to attend the funeral which was held on Tuesday. This man had an amazing life and I am very proud of him. He was a World War II vet, having served in the South Pacific. While he was still up and mobile he showed me two japanese swords that he obtained after dispatching soldiers hand to hand. He was bed ridden for the past three years or so. His wife had passed at least 15 years prior to him. It was bittersweet to hear the news. He will be missed on this earth by his family and freinds.

Here is his obituary:

CLINTON | James William Sterling, Jr., age 83, of Clinton, went to be with his Heavenly Father on August 5, 2007, at home. Services will be 11 a.m. Tuesday, August 7, 2007, at the Ebenezer Presbyterian Church in Clinton, Alabama with Dr. Floyd Roebuck of Rome, Georgia, officiating. Graveside services will follow in the Ebenezer Cemetery with Memory Chapel Funeral Home, a Dignity Memorial Provider, of Tuscaloosa directing. Visitation will be one hour prior to services at the church.

His wife, Wilma Roebuck Sterling, and parents, J.W. Sterling, Sr. and Lucille Hales Sterling, preceded him in death.

Survivors include his children, Jim (Pam) Sterling and Ann (Joel) Henderson; four grandchildren, J.W. and Augusta Sterling, Jennifer and Jordan Henderson; three sisters, Erin (Harry) Dunn of Tuscaloosa, Kathryn (Eubie) Trawick of Atmore and Nancy (Jimmy) Jones of Titusville, Fla.; three nephews.

Mr. Sterling was born September 18, 1924, in Clinton, Alabama, to the late J.W. Sterling, Sr. and Lucille Hales Sterling. He was a U.S. Army veteran and served his country proudly in World War II. Mr. Sterling was actively involved in the Clinton Baptist Church and a member of the West Greene Methodist Church.

Pallbearers will be J.W. Sterling, Jordan Henderson, Dean Trawick, Jerry Hyche, Chris Hyche and Jim Roebuck.

Honorary pallbearers are Glen Porter, Curtis Porter, Chris Jones, Paul Jones, Dr. Rucker Staggers, Dr. Scott Fulgham, Asera Care of Demopolis, Annie Robinson, Johnnie Mae Powell and Marstene Rice.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:59 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

ouch sorry to hear that bro
Old 08-08-2007, 08:36 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

R.I.P
Old 08-08-2007, 09:04 PM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

Sorry to hear that java...Send your wife my condolence.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Sorry for the family loss my friend.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:50 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you and your family.