Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Retarded Ebay Auction #1

Old 01-10-2006, 09:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I don't know what you're seeing, but I dont see the hole anywhere for the IAT. I don't see a tube for the PCV system either since that tube is for the idle controller.

The way its plumbed, it looks like it puts it just over the tranny. I don't consider that a CAI since its right next to the headers. A CAI should go in the fender well or something.

Says they give tracking info for every order. USPS doesn't give tracking information. Only delivery confirmation.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

If this is an AEM clone the filter is on the wrong end and the piping is incorrect also. This is either intended for a MAP based car or it is just garbage because there should not be a pipe coming off the side of the intake tube like it is. You would not want a crankcase vent before the MAF sensor.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

If you put a MAF inbetween the two pipes, it will put the lower pipe too close to the battery. Doesn't the AEM have the MAF sensor where the orange text is, in the straight part of the longer pipe?
Old 01-10-2006, 10:25 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

um redz thats not a aem clone thats a injen clone it goes under the tray no way is that long enough to reach the fenderwell a AEM clone would look somethin like this
Old 01-10-2006, 11:13 AM

Yeah, they did put this together backwards and then put the filter on the wrong end. I bought a knock off like this, it sits rather nicely below your tray infront of your tranny, the welds and fitment are nice but the aluminium is cheap and i cracked the bracket when wrenching under the hood. I think it cost me 60 CA at my front door, im pretty happy.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:15 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

REDZ ..

Okay yes the filter is installed on the wrong end but THAT filter is not rewashable is what I was trying to state.

That is also not an AEM clone so 12hp is not even close.

NEW POINTS

Item Location : They don't state where they are from and same day shipping is misleading.

Isn't it a 7% sales tax to Cali not 8.25 or w.e they have there?
Old 01-10-2006, 01:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (JonGTR @ Jan 10 2006, 09:36 AM)
I don't know what you're seeing, but I dont see the hole anywhere for the IAT. I don't see a tube for the PCV system either since that tube is for the idle controller. - Sorry, you are right, I was looking at another comparison CAI on ebay when I wrote this. Hence the AEM/Injen issue too. I'm not exactly positive on the way the injen mounts so I'm not sure where the IAT hole SHOULD be on that one. Could be on the other side.

The way its plumbed, it looks like it puts it just over the tranny. I don't consider that a CAI since its right next to the headers. A CAI should go in the fender well or something. - True, but not what I'm looking for.

Says they give tracking info for every order. USPS doesn't give tracking information. Only delivery confirmation. - True, but not what I'm looking for. Close however. Another bonus point for you.

QUOTE (rallyman @ Jan 10 2006, 09:54 AM)
If this is an AEM clone the filter is on the wrong end and the piping is incorrect also. - True about the filter. Thats the ONE that's been found so far.

QUOTE (faithofadragon @ Jan 10 2006, 10:25 AM)
um redz thats not a aem clone thats a injen clone it goes under the tray no way is that long enough to reach the fenderwell a AEM clone would look somethin like this

Yes, as I stated above, I had two auctions open for comparison. My mistake.

QUOTE (Call_to_arms84 @ Jan 10 2006, 11:13 AM)
Yeah, they did put this together backwards and then put the filter on the wrong end. - Yup, this is one of the 2 answers I'm looking for.

QUOTE (tanc @ Jan 10 2006, 01:15 PM)
Okay yes the filter is installed on the wrong end but THAT filter is not rewashable is what I was trying to state. - How do you know?

NEW POINTS

Item Location : They don't state where they are from and same day shipping is misleading. - It says United States.

A hint guys, the second one has to do with your wallet.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:54 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

For Personal Checks, item will be hold until the check is cleared. It usually takes 3-7 business days.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:04 PM

It states same day shipping at the top of the page but in the shipping Info it states that the shipment will process 24 hours after payment is recieved.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:48 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Long and I have that intake. Decent product (for ebay). Fitment is good, came with all hoses, clamps, filter, etc.... The location is pretty good on it.

And it got here in 3 days from the time of order.