Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Renters Insurance...

Old 04-10-2008, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Okay, I've never had it, but have been doing some looking into it for the past few days.

SFR got ultimate revenge on me, as I had the car in the middle of the garage scraping the SFR stickers off of her, and a big gust of wind came through, REALLY big, and blew over a ladder leaning against the wall. Opposite side of the car from me, and I couldn't get to it in time, clipped the rear drivers 1/4 panel putting a big scrape and dent in it. The dent should pull or pop right out from the inside, but I probably won't get it painted till I get the entire car done later this year or early next year, cancelling my plans for any Nopi's with how it looks.

Anyways, I'm told that renters insurance would have covered it, and with my finances getting in pretty good order these days, I'd like some advise on the insurance that you guys have and have used in the past.

Stuff like what company you use/used, rates, deductibles, ect. I'm currently with Geico but considering moving to USAA or elsewhere to get a better rate on everything.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Zman, I have state farm renter's insurance.

For 110 bucks for one year i have the following coverage:

personal property: 20k
loss of use : actual sustained loss
personal liablity: 300k (per occurance)
damage to property or others : 500 bucks
medical for others: 1,000

If you dont have it, make it A1 priority to get it!!!! thief or flood can take a lot but a fire can wipe out everything. I think from pictures ive seen your apartments is attached to others. You could be careful but what if some yahoo 2 doors down is an idiot.

When i was in the 2nd grade I had my house burn down to the ground...ON MY FRICKIN BIRTHDAY. Needless to say im a bit paranoid when it comes to fire and protecting my own stuff.

Hope it helps.

500th post! cool.gif
Old 04-10-2008, 08:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Hehe, I've been living in a house for over 2 years now, no more apartments, ever.

Unless I move back to Korea, then it's kind of necessary.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:13 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

hey fool, you're ex-military. why don't you know about USAA?
dude, i have everything with them starting with a savings account, auto insurance, renters insurance, credit card, brokerage account, IRA account, and life insurance.
go with usaa...you really can't do better than them.