Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Relay For Life Fundraising

Old 03-02-2010, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Accent GS
Thumbs up Relay For Life Fundraising

Relay For Life of Fredericksburg

Hey everyone! It's that time of year again for the Cancer walk and I have joined a team with Mary Washington Hospital to raise awareness/money for The American Cancer Society. I have done the Relay for Life last ten years of my life, but my mom died three years ago too Breast Cancer. She fought long and hard for her life before she was taken away from family, friends and myself. I have been trying to get my life back into check and also going to start the walk again with another team besides my mom's team. I am just seeing if anyone on here would like to help me raise money for my team as well as for The American Cancer Society. The posted web link above will help you get started. Any questions for free to send me a pm, email or post here in the forum.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 03-02-2010, 05:59 PM

Dear Friends,

This year, I am helping save lives from cancer by taking part in the American Cancer Society Relay For Life, and I’m hoping you will support me.

The American Cancer Society Relay For Life is a life-changing event that gives people across the globe a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease. At Relay, teams of people camp out at a local high school, park, or fairground and take turns walking or running around a track or path. Each team is asked to have a representative on the track at all times during the event, because cancer never sleeps.

Relay For Life helps raise much-needed funds and awareness to help the American Cancer Society save lives from cancer and create more birthdays.

Please support me in my efforts by visiting my personal web page to make a secure, tax-deductible online donation.

RFL FY10 BP - Donate Btn

Every donation really does make a difference. I know that times are tighter than normal for many of us, but any amount you can give truly can help save lives.

You see, thanks to your support, the American Cancer Society can:

* Help people stay well by helping them take steps to prevent cancer or detect it early, when it’s most treatable
* Help people get well by being in their corner around the clock to guide them through every step of their cancer experience
* Find cures by funding groundbreaking research that helps us understand cancer’s causes, determine how best to prevent it, and discover new ways to cure it
* Fight back by working with lawmakers to pass laws to defeat cancer and rally communities worldwide to join the fight

Each of us has our own reasons for caring about the fight against cancer … whatever your reasons, I hope you’ll choose to make a difference by making a donation online to support my efforts. I’m so grateful to have great people like you in my life who want to see an end to cancer in our lifetime. Together we can save lives.

Thank you, and I will keep you updated on my progress.

Benjamin Anderson
Old 03-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Cool, when I get a chance I'll donate some. My mom is fighting metastatic small cell lung cancer which has traveled to her brain. I'm sorry to hear that your mother lost her fight. sad.gif

I did a relay for life last year and will probably do it again this year.

I'm glad to see the move to supporting people with other kinds of cancer besides breast cancer. Breast cancer is not the only kind of cancer that needs treated, the deadliest, or even the most common. Breast cancer needs funding but so does everything else.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:47 AM

Very true. I wish they had more things out there in the world to help fight cancer and save lives.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Donation sent. smile.gif
Old 03-05-2010, 10:14 AM

QUOTE (187sks @ Mar 4 2010, 04:14 PM)
Donation sent. smile.gif

Thank you!!!!
Old 03-09-2010, 09:42 AM

Any one else wanting to help?
Old 03-17-2010, 07:47 PM

Bump.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:32 PM

QUOTE (187sks @ Mar 4 2010, 05:14 PM)
Donation sent. smile.gif

Anyone else on the forum want to donate? Just a few more weeks.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:54 PM

Only 17 more days left. Anyone else want to help donate a little money? Thanks!!!