Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Red Sox Win Again!

Old 10-28-2007, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

Oh man it feels so good bein a Red Sox fan right now!!! 2 Series in a row for them where they SWEEP the Series!!! unbelievable!

GO SOX!!!111!1!!1!!!111!!1one!one!!!!!
Old 10-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I'm a fan of the NL West. Would have preferred the Diamondbacks to take it all, but the Red Socks won with ease it seemed. Oh well... maybe my Dodgers will be a decent team in one of the decades to come.

At least it wasn't the Yankees.

Did you hear A Rod isn't going back? It's funny to me that the Yankees can't even buy a world series anymore.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:19 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

WOOT! WOOT! 4-0 humiliation!
Old 10-28-2007, 10:21 PM

QUOTE (majikTib @ Oct 29 2007, 12:19 AM)
Did you hear A Rod isn't going back? It's funny to me that the Yankees can't even buy a world series anymore.

i know it! and i love it!! haha. that team is gonna be terrible next year. they're goin through so many changes, ARod wants nothing to do with it.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:19 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

No offense to you spart, but F*ck the Red Sox.

And i don't want to hear anything about "buying the world series" because the Red Sox just did;

You wanna talk about payrolls, when you add the $50 mil they paid to negotiate with daisuke it makes the yankees and red sox even, you should realize the red sox have become what they "claimed" to hate. Realistically they were just mad at the success, now i can return the favor.

Personally idc about payrolls, its professional baseball, but i hate when people (esspecially boston fans) try and use payroll in an arguement against the yankees.

On a side note, I'm pretty sick of the Red Sox bandwagon nation (not you Sparticus i know your a real fan) but all the poser fans i see everywhere i go who didn't even know (or care) the red sox existed pre-2004.

And to get the facts straight, A-rod opted out of his extension, it's still up in the air what he will do, he may just negotiate for more money, or he may leave.

But, hey, 7 rings, now you only need 19 more to catch up to the Yankees. fing02.gif
Old 10-29-2007, 12:08 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (Alex01tib @ Oct 29 2007, 01:19 AM)
On a side note, I'm pretty sick of the Red Sox bandwagon nation (not you Sparticus i know your a real fan) but all the poser fans i see everywhere i go who didn't even know (or care) the red sox existed pre-2004.

I love the Yankees and everything but Alex before the Yankees made it to the post season in 96 they sucked big time, if you look at how many fans were in the stand in 96 compared to now or even 98 you will see the something. SOOOO many people jumped on the Yankees bandwagon when we won those 4 world series.

Im not trying to say that the red sox are good because they arnt, they suck they have some of the laziest players i have ever seen, but they won and thats all that matters....
Old 10-29-2007, 07:14 AM

QUOTE (Alex01tib @ Oct 29 2007, 01:19 AM)
And to get the facts straight, A-rod opted out of his extension, it's still up in the air what he will do, he may just negotiate for more money, or he may leave.

Cashman already said that if ARod opts out then he won't resign. the reason being is this opt out is costing the Yankees $20 million from the Texas Rangers. There's not many teams out there that can afford ARod, so i think his opt out is a bad idea.. why would someone say no to a $30 million/year extension and be in stripes for 5 more years. what a clown.

teams that can realistically afford him are the angels, rangers, cubs and possible redsox
Old 10-29-2007, 07:55 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yah i know that, the reason cashman said that was to try and scare Arod into not opting out to save the Yankees money, Steinbrenner also said he wouldnt invite Torre back if he lost the ALDS, then after losing the alds he offers him a contract, granted the contract was an insult to him but he was still offered a contract. Arod may not resign, but its still up to him.

& DaaFisch i hate any bandwagoners, although it brings more revenue for your team when your winning, it waters down the pride, when you've stood by your team since before you could remember and now they are winning championships, there's no distinction between you and the guy who just bought his first team hat the first game of the World Series because he wanted in on the fun.

I know they sucked in the early 90's, i was young at the time but was still loyal, and it made it sweeter when we won in 96 and again in 98 99 & 00. I just hate that you don't see that now, when the sox didnt win the WS in 05 & didn't make the playoffs in 06, all the red sox fans went into hiding, only to re-appear in 07 as if they were there all the time.

After the ALCS in 04, i wore my yankees hat to class the next day, just like i did the day before, i didn't care, Im a yankee fan whether they win 100 games and a W.S. or 60 games and go home in September. As any baseball fan should.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:04 AM

Vehicle: 1997, hyundai, tiburon

waHoo red sox. i was watching them in the hospital at 1am on sat morning waiting to get checked out... haha but...RED SOCKS RULE!!
Old 10-29-2007, 10:54 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (Alex01tib @ Oct 29 2007, 09:55 AM)
Im a yankee fan whether they win 100 games and a W.S. or 60 games and go home in September. As any baseball fan should.

I completely agree with you