Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Rdtiburon Reppin' Hyundaiaftermarket!

Old 01-23-2006, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Here's the thing...unless theres some kind of converter out there to take the old archived stuff (which was UBB Classic software) and make it work with VBulletin, then you wont be able to upload the archives. Hence, why I purchased a full license for UBB Classic. I wanted it to have the same feel and look as what it was back in the day.

Also, if anyone remember this thread:

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=11899

It was stated back then that I was going to have the forums back up and running. I had even spoken to Java and Redz back then about it too in PM's (they can back me on this) that I was going to bring HA back from the dead and have all the archived materials there.

Yeah...this kid started his own HA site. Am I pissed? Yes because I paid for all this stuff to bring it back and I fealt that someone who has been in the scene for a long time should be handling a site like that. Are there ways around what this kid did? Sure, and those are being worked on currently. Should everyone stay away from what this kid built up? Its their decision to post where they want.

Bottom line is this...there are far way too many Hyundai sites out there now. It was never my intention to make HA to compete with the other sites. There is far too much available info out from when the HA site was up back in the day, and I didnt want to lose that information. I had spoken with Random a few times and he knew of my plan to bring the site back with the archived material. What this new kid did with the new HA has just thrown a monkey bar into the works and the archived material that was once in the HA will be shown again...in one way or another. Its far too valuable to just let go and be deleted.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

QUOTE (tb1198 @ Jan 23 2006, 02:47 PM)
funny, your name isn't in the member listing, even though it says it's in use (i also tried to register it)

it only lists members who have posts
Old 01-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Someone registered Rob and Kirks name over there. I just tried to sign up, and it said my name was taken as well. mad.gif
Old 01-23-2006, 12:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

ok...still wierd though
Old 01-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I posted on HA announcing that Rob, Jeremy, Kirk, and Josh's accounts aren't available. Hopefully he'll do something
Old 01-23-2006, 01:06 PM
Administrator

What ever....I have a different idea in mind that I think everyone will like. I'm gonna get in touch with Random later tonight. Rob from HP has also offered in an idea as well. I dont want to lose everything that I have paid for, so HA will be back up soon with the same old feel and look (with the archived stuff) in a different way. wink1.gif

And Jaws...the Shark Pool will be back, just for you. laugh.gif
Old 01-23-2006, 01:11 PM

Vehicle: Honda

fing02.gif

Do what you gotta do Josh!
Old 01-23-2006, 01:18 PM

QUOTE (visionz @ Jan 23 2006, 11:48 AM)
Also, if anyone remember this thread:

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=11899

It was stated back then that I was going to have the forums back up and running. I had even spoken to Java and Redz back then about it too in PM's (they can back me on this) that I was going to bring HA back from the dead and have all the archived materials there.

Saying is one thing.. executing is another man...

QUOTE (visionz @ Jan 23 2006, 11:48 AM)
Yeah...this kid started his own HA site. Am I pissed? Yes because I paid for all this stuff to bring it back and I fealt that someone who has been in the scene for a long time should be handling a site like that. Are there ways around what this kid did? Sure, and those are being worked on currently. Should everyone stay away from what this kid built up? Its their decision to post where they want.

And whos fault is that?

Sux that you bought all the stuff for nothing,.. you should have made sure you got the site first though. Considering how famous it was, im not surprised someone else snatched it.

QUOTE (visionz @ Jan 23 2006, 12:06 PM)
What ever....I have a different idea in mind that I think everyone will like. I'm gonna get in touch with Random later tonight. Rob from HP has also offered in an idea as well. I dont want to lose everything that I have paid for, so HA will be back up soon with the same old feel and look (with the archived stuff) in a different way. wink1.gif
And Jaws...the Shark Pool will be back, just for you. laugh.gif

Good luck with that...

Shark pool would be nice.. but seeing as how over 75% of the members are no longer around.. it will be hard to match it 02.gif
Old 01-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I will not be supporting newHA until:

- The usernames that have been taken are restored or available to their original holders.
- The owner of HyundaiAftermarket.com is identified
- The old HyundaiAftermarket forums are back up, and the original mods have control
Old 01-23-2006, 01:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

does anyone think that the new ha looks kinda like tibsunited??

could racer1 be....