Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Rd1 Veilside Body Kit

Old 11-09-2007, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 hyundai tiburon

okay so this has been bothering the hell out of me and this is whats been bothering me.

there is this veilside kit for the RD2 and the line goes right along with bodyline perfectly.

and then there is the kit for the RD1 that goes along with the bodyline like this, and the one all the sites advertise with

and then there is this one which you recieve, that doesnt go along with the body line, and is considerably higher in the front, im guessing for clearance issues.

my question is this. does anyone know of a place that you get the second picture front bumper with the kit for sure?
Old 11-09-2007, 04:46 AM

The third pic looks like the authentic bumper, as far as I've seen they sit up higher.

I think even my (whatever brand cardomain sells) bumper sits higher then my ebay knock off, still fits the same.

But the third one is also at a funky ass angle. I know after a show me and a few of my buddies went t go take pics, and I parked at an angle like that, and my car looked like it had air ride and the front was up, but usually it looks pretttty low.

So that could be the problem too.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:37 AM

ho to the UK tiburon forum, go to their garage and look up RD1 year "coupe"s. they is one that is like candy red with a silver graphic that has the third picture kit. its has been fully molded.

i would give you the link but i gotta go to school
Old 11-09-2007, 07:34 AM

one difference is the third picture is like a wide body kit and has fender flares, where as second one does not
Old 11-09-2007, 11:39 AM

but all of them come with that front bumper. i know the style in the second picture exists i just dont know where you can buy it from.

if you go to this link you will see how they advertise the bodykits that line up with the body line from extreme dimensions and how they are a lot closer to the ground
http://www.andysautosport.com/hyundai/1997...tr00071488.html
Old 11-09-2007, 11:44 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

this is a known discussion. the lined up veilside is the authentic one. you have to go to their website and look up a dealer/distributor to buy one and they're expensive.

the one with the skirts lower than the front is the rip off cheapo ebay version that you can get for very cheap. it would probably be good to get the authentic front and back but someone here with a veilside would have to confirm that.

in the second and third photos, the side skirts have been molded in to the body and painted over because there's a line that sticks out there that looks hideous and out of place so many people mold it in. the third photo is just custom molded.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:57 AM

if you go to the veilside website though they only advertise a kit for the RD2
Old 11-09-2007, 12:17 PM

HKC, the veilsides I've seen sit higher then ebay kits.

My first front was the cheapest one on ebay, no real fitment issues and it sat ALOT lower then any veilsides I've seen

Just an FYI, I've had 2 of these bumpers, the ED- sits higher then the Ebay, and the ebay sits lower then the veilside.

Sure it woudl be a good idea to get the authentic veilside, but it would look like the 3rd pic.

Also in the 3rd pic, I'm pretty sure thats one of ebays more expensive kits (if he got the whole thing at the same place), because i was looking into getting those widebody pieces but Im glad I didnt.
I think the brand was v-fiber, the "oh so flexible reinforced F/G"

Read the debate of authentic and real, I think even majik says the veilside sits higher in there.