Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

rat rod S13?

Old 11-19-2009, 09:07 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to enjoy having a car that was all primered and dented. When I got pissed at something, I'd just do a flying jump kick into the door like Liu Kang, lol. There's freedom in not worrying about your car, as long as it still performs and doesn't break down on ya smile.gif
Old 11-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I think there's a fine line between all go and no show and being a POS. I think the primered 240sx and 280z have crossed into POS territory regardless of how they perform or how mechanically sound they are. The cars either scream "I have no money or skill to do bodywork!!!" or "I have no taste!!!" and I just don't respect that look at all. The white 240 isn't bad (with the exception of the dumbass hood), it looks like a functional car that's owner isn't too concerned with it looking perfect.

Since it's similar, what does everyone think of the Golf me and wilburisthecoolest built? It was going to get final bodywork and a coat of paint eventually he just broke it before we had the chance to do it. It was built as a race car and was never intended to be perfect.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Accent

old cars can go two ways in my book. Either it's restored and in pristine condition which is really cool because you get to see what it looked like way back in 19?? or it can just be a mean hunk of junk that looks like it's been through battle.

then again, i like the rusty hoods on VWs kind of thing. i guess it kind of has the road warrior appeal to it, has some battle scars, looks like it's done sh*t and not just sat in a garage.

i wanna see under the hood of these, i have a feeling they're modded and cleaned up real nice. kind of a sleeper sort of effect.