Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Rape can't make a baby...juices don't flow...god blessed you with a rape baby...

Old 08-22-2012, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tib
Default Rape can't make a baby...juices don't flow...god blessed you with a rape baby...

WTF has been happening with the GOP? Do these guys truly believe this? It's only a matter of time before this mindset is smashed into the brains of the Fox & Rush viewers.

1995-04-21 04:00:00 PDT Raleigh, N.C. -- Women do not get pregnant when raped because "the juices don't flow, the body functions don't work" during an attack, a state lawmaker said yesterday.

Republican Representative Henry Aldridge made the remarks to the House Appropriations Committee as it debated a proposal to eliminate a state abortion fund for poor women.

"The facts show that people who are raped -- who are truly raped -- the juices don't flow, the body functions don't work and they don't get pregnant," said Aldridge, a 71-year-old periodontist. "Medical authorities agree that this is a rarity, if ever."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/L...#ixzz24J89fffJ

“It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare,” Mr. Akin said of pregnancies from rape. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something: I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be of the rapist, and not attacking the child.”

Old 08-22-2012, 07:18 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I just heard about this earlier today. My wife told me that when she was in high school (Catholic School) they actually taught this. Her teachers apparently said that "When raped a woman's body releases a special enzyme that will prevent her from getting pregnant."

This is why religion and science don't mix.

As for the 71 year old that said this, he probably had been taught from a young age something similar to this and honestly believed it.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I heard a woman tell a reporter today that, "Obama ended "Welfare to Work"". When the reporter pointed out that every single fact checking organization had refuted that, she then said, "Well, I don't care, I just don't trust him, so I'm voting for Romney".

My mother once told me a great phrase she heard as a child, "don't confuse me with facts".

Republican voters will always believe anything a Republican politician tells them. Same goes for the Democrats. I hate to say it, cause I'm big on rights, but I'm starting to think the median intelligence is dropping to a level where we should require an IQ test to vote.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:18 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Originally Posted by i8acobra
...but I'm starting to think the median intelligence is dropping to a level where we should require an IQ test to vote.
I have believed this for a very long time. The college of electors was created basically to prevent idiocy and trolling from tainting the vote, but the entire system seems to be failing these days.

That said, instead of voting for a name I THINK the ballot should be full of policies. Based on those responses the electors should be allocated. There is far too much blind party affiliation and name association in modern votes.

That aside, this was a idiotic rantings from a senile old man. Nothing more. Don't buy into the "all the members of X party believe the rantings of Y person."

I mean, if that's the case then all democrats believe that their opposition wants to restate slavery. Only a fool would regurgitate that nonsense.

He's also been told by numerous members of his party that he need to drop out but he's so damn egotistical that he refuses. This has become the democrats #1 tool as of the past week and quite frankly it's silly. Run on YOUR policies, slander Romney all you want, but all I have heard from people is red herring arguments and logical deviation. I'm waiting to hear more of this "hope and change" slogandry, see if it flies the 2nd time around. I pity anyone who is actually buying into the 2012 democrat nonsense. I try to give a fair chance to everyone, I almost voted for Obama in 2008 but as soon as the race bating began he lost me and that would remains sore to this day.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:59 PM

Vehicle: 2010/Hyundia/Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track

I hate to say it, cause I'm big on rights, but I'm starting to think the median intelligence is dropping to a level where we should require an IQ test to vote.

I am on the same page as you on this.....

Originally Posted by Tibbi
I have believed this for a very long time. The college of electors was created basically to prevent idiocy and trolling from tainting the vote, but the entire system seems to be failing these days.

That said, instead of voting for a name I THINK the ballot should be full of policies. Based on those responses the electors should be allocated. There is far too much blind party affiliation and name association in modern votes.

This I don't think is quite as good as an idea. This is what I think the problem is when people vote, they vote on policies, not people. I want a leader with good values and strong character. I don't want him to be a moron, but he doesn't need to be a genious either, that is what he has advisors for, to advise him and tell him what is going on, and recommend a few courses of action and let the leader to decide. This leader might not always pick the best choice, but he makes a desciion based on the good of the country and apologized and owns up if he screws up, he doesn't wimp out and blame a scape goat. He is doing a job to the best of his ability again for the good of the country and backed by the constitution, and if he is good, he will get re-elected, if not, he won't. No pandering to his constituents and wimping out on every issue to attempt to appease everyone. You can't, so lets try what this guy (pres) thinks is best based on his advisors, if he sucks, he is gone, if not, he gets re-elected. There are checks and balances (at least there were) no president can do that much damage....unless the constitution is ignored and there is partisan politics that do whatever they want, regardless of the constitution.

I could vote on policies, theis genious guy with great ideas......and what happens when somethnig unthought of comes up, what is this guy going to do, how is he going to react when things don't go as planned, what if this guy is a weak character, scared boy? I don't won't him/her running this country. IMO policies would be a horrible idea. That and most people are actually indipendent, and they would probably always win. lol
Old 08-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

The guy already apologized and took back his poor choice of words as much as possible. It made a republican look dumb and insensitive so expect the leftist press to keep harping on it. He chose poorly his words on a topic he half heard something about in school as a kid and it came out wrong and was taken the worst possible way. His point was he doesn't like the idea of punishing babies for rapists' actions, mixed in with some bad word choices.

Speaking of low-informed voters. It amuses me that this thread was started AFTER his repeated mea culpas and already everybody in the GOP denounced him and said he should withdraw from the race.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:59 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T

love how i post something about biden and it gets deleted wtfEver dude
Old 08-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Originally Posted by Stocker
The guy already apologized and took back his poor choice of words as much as possible. It made a republican look dumb and insensitive so expect the leftist press to keep harping on it. He chose poorly his words on a topic he half heard something about in school as a kid and it came out wrong and was taken the worst possible way. His point was he doesn't like the idea of punishing babies for rapists' actions, mixed in with some bad word choices.

Speaking of low-informed voters. It amuses me that this thread was started AFTER his repeated mea culpas and already everybody in the GOP denounced him and said he should withdraw from the race.

The reason why this is sticking in the news cycle is that it brought to light an opinion that may be shared by more than a few conservatives. People are harping on his use of the term "legitimate rape". To me, that's not the issue with the statement. The issue is that he believes women can "will away" a pregnancy if they were raped. He's not the first pro-lifer I've heard say this. There was a brief period in the 70's when a few doctors thought this might be possible due to the fact that certain hormones are not produced during non-consensual sex. However, this has long since been disproven.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:59 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

people who say dumb sh*t like legitimate rape

should be raped

also,

politicians who say that raped women shouldnt be able to abort

should have a 8 lb bowling ball forcibly shoved into there abdomen

lets see if they have that removed by a doctor

that is all
Old 08-24-2012, 12:36 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

The reason why this is sticking in the news cycle is that it brought to light an opinion that may be shared by more than a few conservatives.
That aside, this was a idiotic rantings from a senile old man. Nothing more. Don't buy into the "all the members of X party believe the rantings of Y person."

I mean, if that's the case then all democrats believe that their opposition wants to restate slavery. Only a fool would regurgitate that nonsense.

There was a brief period in the 70's when a few doctors thought this might be possible due to the fact that certain hormones are not produced during non-consensual sex.
However, this has long since been disproven.

Mark Begich (democrat senator from AK) once said that he still believes the earth is flat. You hear that? All Democrats think the earth is flat? What a bunch of uneducated morons.

Barack Obama thinks there are 57 states. Our own president thinks there are 57 states! All Democrats think that there are 57 states. Even elementary school children know better.

My that was easy.