Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Radar detectors detectors

Old 01-12-2003, 12:02 PM
Al

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radar detectors detectors

i am looking to get a goood radar detector but these things are illlegal here in Virginia. I was brousign thru Crutchfield magasine last night and saw that some of them are "invisible" to radar detectors.....i think it was called something like VG2...cant rember.
anyway, can you guys recomend something that's nto too expensive but immune to VG-2. also whats the fine if i do get caught using one?
also how well do these things work...can i be 100% sure that it will not "miss" a radar?

EDIT: forgot, what's a good place/way too hide oen of these things?

[ January 12, 2003, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Big_Al ]
Old 01-12-2003, 12:20 PM

if its illegal and you should'nt get one. BUUUT if you really wanted a good one and not get caught, then get a BEL 915-r. You can put the radar detector in the bumper and the laser detectors and you can't see it.

btw, NO radar detector will find all the cops. But mine has saved my azz several times. So just because you have a radar detector doesn't mean you can speed all the time and not get caught.
Old 01-12-2003, 12:27 PM
Al

so if it says it si invisible to VG2 .... is it guaranteed that cops wont know i have it?
Old 01-12-2003, 02:36 PM

Some police carry a radar detector finder this way if you pass one and it goes off the cop will know you have a detector in your car, the vg-2 is an option that blocks this so they don't know you have one but if they pull you over anyway and it's stuck to your windsheild the vg-2 won't do anything for ya.