Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Question about turbo

Old 01-16-2003, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh please! rolleyes.gif It still don't handle like real sports cars. Yeah, it may run in Autocross, but its still a boat!
Old 01-16-2003, 11:43 AM

You guys are killing me.
There is no comparison.
BGN owns all that.
still.
Old 01-16-2003, 12:27 PM

Tony Montana:
You guys are killing me.
There is no comparison.
You're right, there is no comparrison. BGN are monsters STOCK in the 1/4 mile but they can't handle for crap! True performance cars handle but are all too often easy prey to the BGN in 1/4 mile....but then again, true sports cars aren't meant to be one note wonders.

And before anyone gets their panties in a wad, the BGN is one* of the only modern US cars I love and when it died, Buick as a whole died to me.

*the other being a 1994-1998 Ford Mustang GT, yellow...just like the one I have on GT2.

I'll still take my Skyline first though.
Old 01-16-2003, 12:56 PM

well Im still alive but the panties were starting to bunch up there earlier. 100% I love the BGN. In the hands of a tuner that car is a MONSTER.

I started in my mind comparing it to others and started getting angry. I would take a Mc Laren over it though.

Old 01-16-2003, 01:11 PM

Tony Montana:
100% I love the BGN. In the hands of a tuner that car is a MONSTER.
WERD! Any Honduh kiddie who vomits out that ALL American cars are crap don't know jack diddly about the GN! The GN remains the only car I have driven in my life that scared me.....yes, even more than my Skyline - and no, mine is NOT a GT-R. I haven't driven a GT-R and my friend won't let me drive his. sad.gif

Even though the GN is not a corner carver, it ain't **** either. Now, today's Buick division as whole on-the-other-hand.....
Old 01-21-2003, 09:01 AM

Mike Free:
No, but I've seen a police package crown vic own some other drivers at a Chattanooga autocross. He was probably 25'th of 30 entrants, but that means 5 people in "regular" cars (read: hondas, nissans, toyotas) got owned. And that car's even bigger and heavier than a BGN.
No, its just those 5 cars...their driver can't drive for shiznits.

Sure I love the BGN also. I've rode in one before and believe me, its not fun when someone slams on the pedals rolling at 60mph on the freeway. The only car that I drove that I was ever scared of ever driving in ever again will be a Pulsar GTI-R. SR20DET+awd+small chassis= eek!

[ January 21, 2003, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: BoOm ]
Old 01-21-2003, 09:14 AM

I can't find a Pulsar GTI-R for sale here. I see several, but their owners won't part with them. Guess you know why.