Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Pulled over, first time in 8 years

Old 07-02-2004, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2K Tib

Well, it finally happened. I got pulled over this morning by a county sheriff in an unmarked ford taurus.

Apparently for driving faster than him while merging onto the highway, I dunno? Thats what he said anyway....that I was driving faster than him despite his being on his way to a homicide investigation.

As far as I can tell, I didn't get a ticket because 1) he was in a hurry and 2) I didn't break any laws or do anything unsafe.

He asked where I was going, said I was gunning my engine, driving too fast and this isn't a racetrack. I said, 'yes, sir' about 20 times and he admonished me to 'slow it down' in the future.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:22 PM

Default Pulled over, first time in 8 years

Then why wold he stop you in the first place if he was in a hurry? Sometimes cops make no sense. (Even though I want to be one, makes sense huh?)
Old 07-02-2004, 12:44 PM

No they don't make any sense at all sometimes......

I have a couple of friends that are "officers" (better known as PIGS, sorry arch) and the really f'ed up thing is that they party harder than all of the ppl they end up pulling over for DWI/DUI (and some do still drive, after becoming EXTREMELY inebriated) and traffic violations.......i see more cops violate the laws (NOT including the HOV laws here) than anyone else........unmarked, off duty, on duty-not on call, any of it.........

Now i can understand SWAT and other emergency vehicles.........but not a cop weaving in and out of traffic at 100 to pull someone over for doing 5 over the limit in the fast lane on an interstate. YES, I have seen that happen. I've also seen ppl drive thru speed traps at like 80-100mph (in a 65 zone, MB's, BMW's, Lexus) and the cops pull over the guy doing 5 miles over driving a red car.......thats complete BS, and if it ever happens to me......guess what gets brought up in court......the ONE word all of the DC metro area cops HATE ABOVE ALL OTHERS...........

DESCRIMINATION.

Now really.........whos more of a danger to the other ppl on the roads??
The ppl driving luxury vehicles cutting ppl off, driving 20 over the limit, AND talking on their cellphones (All at the same time) I see this kind of shit EVERY DAY.
or
The guy driving a RED sports car doing a couple over limit, not talking on his cell phone, or cutting ppl off?
Old 07-02-2004, 12:49 PM

No worries, Tib. Some are straight up Asses. I'd only pull over Hondas and Eclipses and Mustangs. Hondas blow and I have personal vendettas against Eclipses and Mustangs. :twisted:
Old 07-02-2004, 02:23 PM

Well, my Uncle is an officer and he only pulls people over if they are going more than 15 over the speed limit. He is non-descriminatory, he will pull over anything and everything that is a danger to the rest of the public, he doesn't care whether it is a sports car, an MB or a minivan. If they are going more than 15 over, he will go after it. Furthermore, he will not attempt to chase someone if there is moderate traffic. He will just use his radio, it is much faster than the guy he wants to pull over. Unfortunately, he recently got promoted to Detective. It is sad that he is off of the street, he was a good cop.

I have been very involved with many local and county law enforcement agencies, and have many friends and some family in the city, sherriffs and troopers, and I will agree with many of your points; They act stupid (often), they do sometimes make no sense, and they can party hella hard. In fact, I will be partying with a bunch of officers this Saturday and Sunday. They come up to my Uncle's and party. However, everyone's keys stay in the bedroom and only get given back if they haven't had much to drink. We can tell, too, you would be suprised how many off duty officers bring their breathalyzer, and other cop toys, to the partys. Cops have odd senses of humor...
Old 07-02-2004, 02:50 PM

Man.. I just got pulled over for the first time in like 5 years.. I was just driving down S. LV Blvd in las vegas doing 49-50 *limit is 50* and this cop sits in the next lane right @ my ass for 2 miles.. Finally i turned on my blinker to turn off to the highway and the asshole flips his lights on.. Then tells me i was going over the speed limit, which he said was 45, even though i checked later that day and it is infact 50.. So i end up w/ a ticket for no seat belt.. UGH!!
Old 07-02-2004, 02:59 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

um, why didnt u put ur selt belt on b4 he got out of his car? i dont understand y ppl dont do that
Old 07-02-2004, 04:18 PM

Eh.. I try to be honest, in hopes people will be honest and fair w/ me but doesnt always happen.. I didnt have it on so f*** it.. And who knows, he was on a bike and i dont have tint, he couldve easily seen and i didnt wanna deal w/ that crap if he wouldve/couldve seen me put it on..
Old 07-08-2004, 05:06 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Vegas cops are usually alright. They pull over just about any and everybody. They distribute the bs evenly among the crowd.