Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Public apology to online showoff

Old 12-19-2001, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Public apology to online showoff

I almost did not post this here since I did it as the Administrator for Hyundaiperformance but since alot of the members here are involved in one way or the other I am going to.

http://www.onlineshowoff.com/cgi-bin/ultim...ic&f=4&t=000014

To all you cheaters out there Stop!!!!
Old 12-19-2001, 03:32 PM

Furthermore I know Batlord does not want to win this way and I am sure Random does not either. I also have talked to a few others who have entered their Hyundais on the site and none of them want to win this way either.

So if you are cheating then who are you trying to help?
Old 12-19-2001, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Uh...What are you apologizing FOR exactly?
Old 12-19-2001, 08:24 PM

Vehicle: Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart GSR

Whats going on? Have I missed something?
Old 12-20-2001, 12:02 AM

Apologising that some of the members have been voting other people a 1 and the Hyundais a 10 to keep it on the top.
Old 12-20-2001, 02:31 AM

If that makes you feel better than that's great.......

but who cares! I don't know how thats considered cheating. It's not cheating if the system they came up with allows that to happen. They have to forsee that people would vote this way. That being said, I don't think anybody is STILL giving everybody "1's" (Us Hyundai guys anyways). But that's the way it works. It's not like we are the only guilty party and I don't think that we should apologize for S H I T!
As somebody said before, this thing runs in cycles and in the end it all evens out!

Am I saying that the system they came up with is perfect? Hell No! But I do know that we AREN'T cheating. I'm not trying to Flame you or anything but I think you look stupid by apologising! No-where on that site does it say what we were doing was against the rules.

Do you think anybody else will apologise? I doubt it.......... especially since there was no wrong doing in the first place.
Old 12-20-2001, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I agree Mark. That is my point. Everyone voted with what was in their heart at the time. They may have later regretted giving a nice car a 1, and have since stopped. Or maybe not. But nothing has happened that warranted a public apology.

Here's the main thread on the subject. http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/s...c.asp?a=&t=4670
Old 12-20-2001, 04:00 AM

I must agree with Random and Mark....You think Hyundai owners are the only ones doing it? Give me a break. There's a much larger honda following on there who have probably been doing the same thing longer than the hyundai crews have. Granted, 2 wrongs don't make it right, but don't hate the playa...hate da game =-)
Old 12-20-2001, 05:35 AM

Hmmmm so you guys want to be like everyone else?

Everyone b!tches and whines about how they hate Honda people cause of their attitudes and then turn around and act just like them.

Lemmings rolleyes.gif
Old 12-20-2001, 06:09 AM

Originally posted by AUTOBOT:
Hmmmm so you guys want to be like everyone else?

Everyone b!tches and whines about how they hate Honda people cause of their attitudes and then turn around and act just like them.

Lemmings

You can stand there and make some stupid generalizations but I for one have NEVER said I hate Honda people for whatever reason. Please don't tell me how Honda people act! The fact that you made that comment makes me think that you are the kind of person you yourself dislikes.

Perhaps you should go over to Club SI and apologize for making gross generalizations about ALL Honda owners!

rolleyes.gif

[ December 20, 2001: Message edited by: Mark D' Shark ]