Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Prelude's Wrecked, Got Hit By Some Lady In A Truck

Old 06-15-2007, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ok, so for those who dont know, im a real estate agent and a leasing agent, so part of my job is to rent out properties, Selina is the assistant to my broker so she has to do random things like run paperwork around, take pictures of properties for sale etc.

So to the story...

Swift dropped me off at a property, i was trying to flag down people who walked by to pass out flyers, she took off to go take pictures of properties.

She was on route to one of the properties and she was going through a green light when this lady in the truck came barreling through the intersection trying to make a left turn.

The truck nearly missed the van to the left of selina (two lane road) and smashed into selina's lude.

The witnesses and the cop all agree it was 100% the other girls fault and that selina had the right of way and is in no way at fault.

Good news is it should only need a new hood, bumper, fender, and headlight assembly.

But seeing is its a 92, they will most likely total it and give us about $3500 for it, Ill fix it for a grand or so and the rest should be pocket monies.

heres the pics

The "D" indicates the driver of the truck and the "P" indicates the passanger of the truck

What a Day!
Old 06-15-2007, 02:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Before anyone asks, I am fine just shooken up, I had my seatbelt on as always. No airbags went off, I just got yanked a little bit.

Car barely runs, I drove it across the intersection to get it out of the way and it was just sputtering along lol.

This all sucks ass because I do like this car a lot but hopefully we will be able to fix it back up. Right now though, I got no car, no dd.

The lady driving tried to put some fault on me but it was bs. I was crossing the intersection at a green light and she turned left without even looking and slammed into me. I saw her before she saw me and I slammed on my brakes..she didnt stop until she hit me.

Luckily I had a great witness, which is rare to have.

Unreal..Im still upset.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

My last wreck was earlier this year at about 5 mph.. lol

it was in my dad's chevy 1500, the old guy was pulling out of his driveway and hit me as I was slowing down for a light.

I've never been a wreck that totaled a car. I would imagine it would suck being sore afterwards and everything. Well I hope everything works out. If you got it on the police report I'm sure it will, if it's there it's the gospel. I learnt that lesson the hard way.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:44 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

Damn. Well it's a good thing you're alright. Looking at where you got hit, it could have been A LOT worse. A few extra feet...

Can't really tell much from the pictures, but you look like you're gonna have more than $1000 in repairs there... Looks like there's more than just body work involved in that. 02.gif
Old 06-15-2007, 08:22 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I looked and the tow truck guy agreed that the frame is fine, so the insurance company will most likely total it but it wont be as hard as it looks to fix.

If Selina didnt brake the guy would have hit her right in the door, and she wouldnt be browsing the internet right now.

Im thankful she's not hurt, just the car.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:25 PM

Vehicle: car

Good thing you are alright Swift. Guess the name suits you fing02.gif Sucks that the Lude is wrecked though, seems like a nice DD. Looks like the poor little honda peed it's pants though, what's with the oil slick?
Old 06-15-2007, 09:29 PM

Sorry to hear the car got beaten up but atleast its fixable, and you werent injured laugh.gif
Old 06-15-2007, 09:30 PM

good thing your alright. sorry to hear about the lude. you have nothing but problems with your cars it seems like. anyway, good luck getting it back up for your daily driver
Old 06-15-2007, 09:33 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

yay for being okay. but sucky for the accident...

did i miss somethin though? why are you not driving the Tib? is it still not running up to par? haha. excuse my ignorance
Old 06-15-2007, 10:03 PM

^bryan is still working on it..I havent driven it in a looong time.

I agree I have a little bad luck with cars. It sucks.

Dont know what that big puddle is because the car is in the tow yard for now..but it seems like my cars like to bleed lol.

I feel okay for now just sore from being stressed out before. I cant remember too much from the accident, just remember the impact happening and me bracing myself. If anything is hurt, I guess Ill find out within a few days. Ive already been told to go to the doctors if I get any pain.

Things happen for a reason and it all came at a bad time, and I sit and think "maybe I shoulda have done this etc" but it happened and I cant look back.

At least it wasnt my fault, so I dont feel really guilty; and Im thankful I had enough sense to brake in time and quickly.

I guess my mom looked over me today.