Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Posting With Thanks !

Old 08-20-2006, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Weekend went well tbh..

Got the tib washed on thursday night (had to use bug gone to get rid of all the blood stains from the bugs when down in Easton MD, man those things could beat you up !!) and then Saturday morning took her down to Hammonton to get the oil changed and ANOTHER nail removed from my tire.. God I hate my apartment complex 02.gif

So I went to advance auto, got the fuel filter ($13.88 or so) and then noticed they had some stuff on 50% off clearout.

So I picked up some fuel system cleaner ($3 and this was one reccomended by BMW and Merc) and a Slick50 radiator treatment (non flush eats corrosion and dissolves it, also coats the rad..good for high mile vehicles and has a 30,000 mile warranty on the rad should it become blocked) for like $3.50.

Had some issues with the fuel filter, I left my keys on the seat with the door open and went inside, my father in law (who was helping or rather doing the filter lmao) dropped the wrench, closed the door to get under the car and the alarm locked the car and set itself lmao.gif

So I had to do a 75 mile round trip back home, collect the spare keys and go back again... Got back, put the new fuel filter on (man you should have seen the brown shit in the old one, I wanted to cry knowing I had been feeding that to my fuel rail) and then put in the fuel system cleaner..

Primed the new filter and the car drives wonderfully now (even better than before) the throttle response is better than ever (one thing I am trying to improve as days go by) and it idles better aswell.

So very happy here, apart from the fact that on the way home I met with another PA driver that hasnt been taught how to drive in Da Jerz.

So thanks guys for all your wisdom and help, I also managed to fit new slightly longer silicone hoses to my CAI that will hopefully stop it coming detatched all the time..

smile.gif fing02.gif
Old 08-21-2006, 09:58 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Wh atkind of Fuel filter did you get?
Old 08-21-2006, 03:16 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Purolator, $14.98 (just checked)

It's not the best fit in the world but it seals up and does what it should smile.gif

I no longer get that pulsing throttle when first starting the car now either (woo HOO I been trying to sort that for MONTHS).

I'd imagine that the old one was so cacky that it took a while to get a good flow through it.

Next step bigger throttle body laugh.gif

As for the misfortune? well yeah kinda.. but the reason it does that is because of the security I am running (it auto arms and locks after 20 secs).

I could turn that feature off but I am a forgetful sonb**** at the best of times and it would be a VERY costly mistake to make with $2k worth of audio trunkside and liability only insurance..

So I spose it sorta levels out smile.gif
Old 08-21-2006, 05:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Wow, sucks all the stuff happened to you but glad it all worked out.

My alarm has that automatic lock feature too..sometimes it can be a pain in the a-s like in your situation.

And I dont know whats so bad about driving in Jersey..... tongue.gif