Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Post your ghost/haunted house/weird crazy spooky stuff here...

Old 10-12-2009, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Post your ghost/haunted house/weird crazy spooky stuff here...

So ok, figured I would make a thread about this since Halloween is around the corner. If any of you have had any occurences with ghosts, haunted houses, or just strange stuff that cant be explained....post up all your stories here. Lets see who has the creepiest one to share!

I dont really have anything too weird, other than the fact that a good friend of mine and her mom study witch craft and are wiccans. They are always doing spells and her mom has this super old legite crystal ball. They're really nice people, but can be a few cards short of a full deck sometimes, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, there were a few times where when I would hang out at her house with friends, and it would constantly be getting a creepy feeling when in their house, kind of like you just shouldnt be there at all. Lights would flicker sometimes as you entered rooms and you would feel cold spots sometimes, depending on where you were in the house.

They would tell me and some of our other friends how they would do spells and always forget to "close the circle." I guess its something you have to do when doing the spell stuff or else things can come through and haunt you or what ever. I used to think it was kind of cool in their house, other than the creepy feeling of how I shouldnt be there. I've never been one to get scared also of this stuff, and I guess I do believe in ghosts and all, but I do find certain things interesting to read up on or hear about. smile.gif
Old 10-12-2009, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Accent

I was washing dishes at work the other day and I always hear doors opening and closing when I do that, but none of our doors sound like the one I hear. I finally brought it up to my friend and in the most nonchalant way says to me "yeah, it comes to everyone differently. i hear breathing. Sam hears jingling keys...."

Every single person that I work with hears some strange phantom noise when walking around the restaurant. i think we're being haunted by anyone who has ever died from our food lol.

i don't exactly believe in ghosts but i do get creeped out by things like that and for no amount of money would i spend a night alone in the supposedly haunted house. i guess that means i kind of do believe in ghosts...
Old 10-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

My penis is haunted. Cereal.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

When I was around 13 or 14 some of my friends and I used a Ouija board and got a lot of activity from it. Me and my one friend that I trust more than anyone else I've ever known were using it and the puck kept sliding out from under our fingers. Neither of us was moving it, you could see it sliding under both our fingers. As soon as we would touch it again it would start moving again until it reached an answer. Anyways, we asked it hundreds of questions that I don't remember many of the answers to, I wish I had written them down. I didn't think much of it for predicting the future, even if it was something answering me. One thing is really weird though. I asked it if I would get married and it answered "yes". I asked it to who and it answered "Stacy". My friends (2 were there this time) started making fun of me because I had a neighbor named Stacey and let's just say that she was not trophy wife material. I used the spelling to get out of it though because it spelled Stacy and the neighbor's name was spelled Stacey. Oddly enough, a decade later I married a girl named Stacy. I know it's possibly a coincidence, but it's interesting that one of the only "predictions" I can remember from the Ouija board came true, right down to the spelling of her name.

Even after the Ouija board seemed to work on it's own I steadfastly did not believe in ghosts in any way. I'm pretty logical, and the existence of ghosts seems illogical to me. When I finally moved out of my parent's house after graduating high school we moved into an apartment. for a long time everything was normal. After our daughter started getting old enough to sit up and babble she had an invisible friend named Bob. Seems pretty normal, both my brothers had invisible friends, but I've never heard that I did. I was wondering if my daughter was crazy or something because of the way she played with invisible Bob. It was like Bob was a real person, not like she was controlling the way things went like most kids seem to. She would get in arguments with Bob and cry. Just some odd things I hadn't seen a kid do before. That's when things started to get weird. When we would turn off the TV and walk upstairs to go to bed the TV would sometimes turn itself back on. It would wait until we got upstairs before doing it, even if we milled around downstairs for a couple of minutes before heading up. It never did it if we stayed downstairs. Also, the cable channels would change on their own. It could be a hardware malfunction or something but it was weird. We had digital cable with a box, and when you change channels it pops a box up on the screen. We would be watching something and it would go into commercial and when the commercial was over the show would come back on but it would be a completely different show. When we would go to change it back the digital cable box would say we were on the new channel also, but it would never show that we changed channels. Also on several occasions we would be playing a multiplayer game on the N64 or Playstation and one of the players would have to use the bathroom and put down their controller. Sometimes something would start playing for the player that left. One time I played an entire game with something invisible being player 2 after the person I was playing went upstairs. It happened several times, but most of the time it wouldn't happen. The control sticks and buttons never looked like they were being used, just the activities on the screen. My daughter still said that it was Bob.

At some point my daughter stopped seeing Bob. She started seeing something that scared her. At one point I was watching TV and heard my daughter struggling and looked over and she was pulling on her hat, trying to yank it away from something that wasn't there. She was yanking on it hard trying to get it away but whatever it was wasn't letting go. She was in the middle of a big open space, it was not possible that it was caught on something. After a few seconds she got frustrated and let go and ran across the room to me. She turned around and we both watched as the hat was still hanging in the air. Suddenly the hat was dropped, but not until she had run all the way over to me and we had both been staring at it in disbelief. A few days later My daughter looked upset and came to sit with me. She sat in my lap and layed her head on my chest. After laying there a while I felt her head pushing harder and harder into my chest. After a while I was surprised she could push that hard. I looked down at her and she looked terrified. I thought that maybe she was having a weird neck cramp or convulsion even, so I reached down and felt her neck muscle and it was completely slack. It was not her pushing her head into me. It was pushing harder and harder, until it was hard enough that it was hurting me pretty badly. I was afraid her skull was going to break so I yelled "Knock it off!" and the pressure quit immediately. Soon after that my daughter was in her crib upstairs and we heard a solid Thump! from upstairs followed by a blood curdling scream and crying from my daughter. I ran upstairs and her face and head were red and swollen and had the imprint of her baby bottle across her face and forehead. She was very short and just a toddler so there was not really any way she could have fallen down hard enough to hurt herself that badly in her crib, even if she face planted on the baby bottle directly. It also could not have made that loud of a noise if she fell on it. She was bruised up from it pretty badly. I was mad, so I yelled "Whatever you are you're not welcome here, get out of my house and leave us alone!" or something similar and then there was a rumble and the house shook significantly enough to shake our swinging lights and we never had any more activity there for the entire rest of the time that we lived there.

I have another story from at someone else's house, but I'll save it for another time.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Thats freaking creepy as hell Floyd! I would of called a priest after seeing the hat float. laugh.gif
Old 10-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I did not enjoy living there at all. I hated every minute of it. You could just feel that something was there with you all the time, until I yelled at it and it went away. We turned down houses when shopping that gave me the same creepy feeling. I've had enough haunted house issues for now, thanks anyways.