Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Please Drive Safe!

Old 08-04-2007, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

Well, I just want to post this to ask you guys to please be safe when you're driving.

Last week on the 30th of August, a kid wreck his mom's Mustang. He used to race at the track I work at and I've seen him around. He used to go around saying about how fast he would go with the car and talk it up all the time. Well, this time he wasn't lucky. Him and one of his buddies were driving (late at night I believe) and it is reported they were going at least 100 m.p.h. They lost control, and the car struck a tree, ripping it completely into two parts. The driver was killed on impact, and his passenger is in critical condition and was flown by helicopter to the hospital. The driver's name was Derek Eaton, we don't know who his passenger was.

Hopefully I don't get into trouble for these pictures, they're not very graphic (there is blood on the one picture, but thats all). I just want to show what could happen if you are driving like an idiot. They definitely made me rethink.

Driver's side

R.I.P. Derek.

My prayers go out to his family and friends.

This was taken from Mifflintown Hose Co. Number 1's website. The website of the calls are at http://www.mifflintownhose.org/0707calls.shtml this call is under 07/30/07
Old 08-04-2007, 05:04 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

that is horrid.

A former co-worker drives the same way, and what's scary is he drives the same color and model mustang as pictured!

Going fast puts a certain special smile on your face for a few minutes, but after an incident like Derek's you are stuck with a frown and a sick feeling in your gut for a much longer time (or you're in a box 6 feet underground).
Old 08-04-2007, 05:06 PM

wow, that car was literally ripped in two

Lets keep it safe guys and gals
Old 08-04-2007, 05:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

i hate seeing these car wreck pictures of kids driving. i hope it remnids everyone what could happen. his family and friends are in my prayers
Old 08-04-2007, 05:37 PM

QUOTE (Patreezy @ Aug 4 2007, 07:04 PM)
that is horrid.

A former co-worker drives the same way, and what's scary is he drives the same color and model mustang as pictured!

Going fast puts a certain special smile on your face for a few minutes, but after an incident like Derek's you are stuck with a frown and a sick feeling in your gut for a much longer time (or you're in a box 6 feet underground).

Hopefully he slows down and cools it before he realizes what could happen to him, or anyone at that. Unfortunately Derek didn't have that luxury to have an example....instead, he's become the example. Hopefully the loss and sacrifice of his life will change the ways of others.

QUOTE (Ericy321 @ Aug 4 2007, 07:07 PM)
i hate seeing these car wreck pictures of kids driving. i hope it remnids everyone what could happen. his family and friends are in my prayers

It's terrible to see it. The thing that makes it worse for me is knowing I've seen him multiple times coming and getting food and having a good time, and then realizing that he's only enjoyed 1/5 of the life he could have had.

My other friend was involved in a wreck just over a month ago. Him and a female friend were driving back from a party (they were both drunk, and underage) at a high rate of speed. She was driving his Hyundai Accent, and at the speed they were going, she collided with a van coming the opposite way. Needless to say, the car crumbled. Pati, the girl who drove, was killed instantly. My friend was left with a broken thigh, and other multiple injuries. I didn't see the pictures, but I'm glad I hadn't. The driver's side was pushed to the back of the car, the people who saw the pictures said there is no way anyone could have survived in the driver's side, and let alone, how mangled Pati must have been. The only part that was recognizable was the rear end...only the rear end.

The victims in the van were fine, and there were not any major injuries from them. Leon however, was in the hospital for over two to three weeks.

I hope this makes people realize how dangerous things could be.

Thank you all for your comments.

*Edit*

I have correct information. The crash occurred at 6:20 p.m. on Monday July 30th.

Here is a link to his obituary from The Sentinel.

http://www.lewistownsentinel.com/obituarie...?articleID=8238