Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Please be careful out there....

Old 03-17-2010, 06:26 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Please be careful out there....

The news reported yesterday that there was a trio of sport bike riders out that all got hit by a van, that pulled out in front of them. 2 of the riders died from their injury and the 3rd is in critical condition. As a sport bike rider myself, I can tell you that alot of times people dont see us and they dont look. They end up pulling in front of us, and theres been alot of times where I had to hit the breaks really hard from not getting hit. Its very easy to hit a biker, so please be aware of your surroundings and always know whats around you. smile.gif
Old 03-17-2010, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

I sympathize for the bikers who obey the traffic laws like everyone else, but just like people in cars, there are the retards who feel they need to do 160mph, just because the bike is capable. I got passed around both sides of my car by 4 of them last summer on a normal 2 lane road. A couple of them are lucky they're not dead as I swerved toward the breakdown lane to avoid the 2 that were to close to me in the middle, not realizing that there were 2 morons going around me on that side as well.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Yeah, theres always gonna be stunters and riders that run from cops and all that. Just like how there are street racers in the import scene, theres the same in the bike scene too. AND, just like in the car world where imports will make a cop look twice at you over classics or domestics.....sport bike riders are the same way versus Harley's or cruisers.

Regardless of whats around you, everyone should be on the lookout and know your surroundings. smile.gif
Old 03-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

not to long ago I watched a car almost maul a bike because they didn't look. Biker freaked out, flipped them off, then hauled ass away. As we got up on the highway the almost smashed biker didn't look and didn't notice another bike coming down the road. He almost did the same thing the car had just done to him. I would have felt like an asshat. Luckly no one hit each other, just kind of ironic.