Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Pitty the lack of support for us...

Old 12-29-2001, 02:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pitty the lack of support for us...

Well, the first member w/ a Woo, the first to post for the Woos....

Well, i heard of a guy in CA that's going to develop a turbo kit for his Woo once he gets it back from him mummy.

There's still a demand for Altezzas, but not enough to make a huge order.

I'm seeing more and more Daewoos on the road around here, but no one interested in hooking it up.

And now that GM owns Daewoo, what's gonna happen??
rolleyes.gif sad.gif eek.gif
Old 12-29-2001, 01:16 PM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

It's whatever man, you've always been friendly here, so as long as you want to tune the 'woo, that's cool. I wonder now that GM owns them... maybe there will be a Daewoo J-Body... rolleyes.gif
Old 12-30-2001, 02:17 AM

Hey never fear my good man. Give it a little time. Every car has started out that way in the performance business especially Hyundais. It just takes a little time for companies to realize there true potential. I think that now since GM owns Woo your going to see a lot more of them just because there is a bigger name to back up the car. I know it's not the greatest name but it's better than being stand alone. I think in a few months or so Woo's will be competing with the rest. To be honest with you I am dying to get my hands on a Lanos Sport hatch. I think they are so sweet looking. And if it comes down to it just go universal on the cars ass. There is plenty out there that you can customize. Well good luck my friend and keep your head up. You'll get there.
Old 12-31-2001, 01:46 AM

I know how you feel...Everytime I see a Sephia/Rio/Spectra on the road, I cruise up next to it but 99% of the time it's an older couple or mom with kids screaming in the back. I know I'm very greatful for the open arms the Hyundai guys have had for us Kia owners since they are more established. Hang in there, man. We're all making progress a little at a time. (We don't have altezza's either!!)

-ironhive
Old 12-31-2001, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Originally posted by ironhive:
I know how you feel...Everytime I see a Sephia/Rio/Spectra on the road, I cruise up next to it but 99% of the time it's an older couple or mom with kids screaming in the back.

I have the same problem with tibbies!!!. Mochaduc and I were cruzing down from Phoenix to Tucson to meet up with lantra over christmas break....and we passed a nice clean white gen2 tibby. Sitting inside was a nice 60 year old asian couple....I was SOOO bummed! 99% of the tibbies I see around LA have chicks behind the wheel.
Old 12-31-2001, 05:46 AM

I used to work at a gas station and every single tib I saw had a middle-aged to elderly female driving it. I never saw a guy driving a tib around Eugene until after I bought mine and started "hookin it up" with fat wheels and such...
Now I see a cobalt blue one like mine with aftermarket wheels being driven by a male (If i ever see it parked, Im gonna leave a SR flyer), and a stock silver one driven by some old guy.

[ December 31, 2001: Message edited by: Entrop-E ]
Old 01-03-2002, 12:29 AM

Yah, i really feel sorry for all you Kia guys out there. That's the only reason i don't gripe so much. i only know one guy w/ a Kia that hooked it up a little, just rims and exhaust.

Now, the way i figure, all i need to do is find someone that can tell me a little more about Holdens and Opels and Vauxhalls. The engine is the same as an Opel Astra, and they have a turbo version that pushes 190 HP. I know there's a nice aftermarket backing for Opels in Aus. and Europe, but no one can tell me for sure if an Astra engine will drop in. And even if i could find and engine, it be a few grand to get it. I'm not really looking forward to the disappointment that is inevitable. There's only so much i'll be able to do before i reach an HP cap.

Some one help me out here, but these seem to be the only possiblities:

What i can do: fuel pressure regulator, high flow fuel pump, spark plug wires, header, port and polishing head/water passages, Eibach or H&R lowering springs, MSD DIS2 or similar (distributorless ignition system), those Z3 fenders might look nice smile.gif, anything else????

What i can't do (But someone PLEASE correct me if i have possibilities): pistons, cams (HDK?), supercharger, turbo, LSD, valve springs, valves, high flow fuel injectors, ECU (HDK? or unless i get a stand-alone $$$), shocks/struts/coil overs, HID conversion, a decent body kit, altezzas, anything else???

How about getting sponsored by Daewootuner.com????
Old 01-28-2002, 05:21 PM

ya seriously , im kinda depressed that i cant do anything performance wise to my lanos, i mean anything is possible but bieng a poor sschmo i dont really have to money in world to to everythig to my car. and with a daewoo i feel the same with you guys, but its more like 100% of the time i drive next to a woo and its some old lady driving 5 mph, bugs that not only like does no one own a damn daewoo but out of the like 20 daewoos roaming around san jose, theres basically me, adn thats it, now thats theres like maybe 30 or so in the whole bay area probably its basically me, some guy i meet online in campbell and one more guy i just met, so theres three damn lanos's fixed up or at least bieng planned to be fixed up in this whole area, i feel soo loneley sad.gif , lol what even pissed me off more is when i got my ticket the a$$ asked me if my car was a freakin hunduh civic!! a civic!!!i was about to say yes cuz he was such a dumbass jackass, i mean come on, my car does NOT look like no damn civic, and plus i had freakin DAEWOO stickers on the goddarn windows!!!
well im mad now, im goin to sleep
--chris
Old 01-28-2002, 10:37 PM

If it will make everybody feel better, just remember that most honda civics and accords are still grocery runner cars. Hey tunning is basically making something special out of a normal car. Just keep tuning.
Old 01-29-2002, 03:32 AM

true that