Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Pimp My Ride Sponsorship!

Old 02-06-2006, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're gonna give you like free car wax and seat covers, LOL

I wouldn't do it, save the $89 and put it towards something usefull
Old 02-06-2006, 09:26 PM

i wouldnt do it....

honestly..anyone who applies gets qualified if you pay..naw mean?
Old 02-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

my friend was stupid and signed up for it.

Their contract says that they'll only charge you for $89 IF you get a sponsorship. They will charge you for $89, because they give EVERYBODY a sponsorship. They won't even ask for pictures of your car.

Your sponsors will be House of BOOM and a decal shop. "House of BOOM" will give you discounts on some car audio stuff, electronics, radar detectors, etc. I think it's 25% off. The decal place will give you a bunch of free decals if you pay for shipping. Those are the only sponsors you get. I've been told that if you use those sponsorships, they'll give you more, but you have to spend money on them and get stuff before they'll consider it.

Everybody gets sponsored, so they're being assholes by not telling you that you WILL get charged no matter what... instead, they make you think that you'll only be charged if you get a "full" sponsorship, such as Dunlop or Bridgestone.

Conclusion: it's crap. Don't lose your money. Somebody is making a ton of money off of people
there's a guy on the HP forums that tells everybody that it works. They actually use pictures of his Accent(i think it is) to help advertise. I'm sure they gave him something, but 98% of people don't get crap
Old 02-06-2006, 09:31 PM

What is a 'Pimp Your Ride' Sponsorship?

A Pimp Your Ride sponsorships is a sponsorship where you, the driver/owner of the car will receive at least one full sponsorship from one of our participating sponsors, 3 quasi-sponsorships and 1 industry "perk" sponsorship from our sponsors. These sponsorship packages range from graphics, audio, suspension, lighting, tint, and others. You will also have the opportunity to be featured at one of the H.I.N. shows. You are responsible for installation of all products.

Does CarSponsorships.com work with major automotive companies, recording artists and car show events??

Yes, we work with Interscope Records, the recording company for Eminem, 50 Cents and others. We just recently participated in providing sponsorships for a transformation of the I-Scream Trucks for the Anger Management Tour. We also are the Official Sponsorship Agency for the (NCCA) Nat'l Custom Car Assoc.

Is my car going to be featured on MTV's Pimp My Ride?

No, we are not MTV's Pimp My Ride Television Show. We do however provide the same type of service by getting you sponsored so you can transform your car into a show car. We also give you a chance to be featured in magazines, H.I.N. car shows, press releases and other media exposure.

Is there any cost?

If we don't get you sponsored you don't pay. Only if we secure you a sponsorship from an automotive company will you be charged the one-time $89 processing fee.

here's some more info......
Old 02-06-2006, 09:33 PM
Administrator

DON'T DO IT

see my post above
Old 02-06-2006, 09:53 PM

Yeah man I wouldnt do it. These are guys that know there are kids reaching out for sponsors so they figured if they charge you 90 bucks and gave you some free crap they could make good money.....it sounds like a scam.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:57 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

don't do it. i did something similar except nothing to do with cars. it was like a netowork thing. you hand out their advertisements and they call you a manager if you get people appointed. the only way to get people appointed is if you pay $49.00 and they pay $49.00. If they appoint someone, you become president and that third person pays $49.00. Then they pay you like $10 per every person. So say you got two people, it would be $20.00. They get a ton of people to do this and they're basically trading bills for bigger bills.

It's just like scamming somebody. Trading $50 for $100 bills. Much like the stocks...
Old 02-07-2006, 06:36 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Don't do it man. It's been posted about before. All they do is give you a 50% discount on items they allready are charging 75% too much for. Like a SAFC II, they are like 300 anywhere you go, but they charge you $400.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Administrator

now that I think about it, when Jeremy and I were walking around NOPI Nats they had a huge tent set up and had a bunch of people filling out applications. Everytime I walked by the tent, they had 10 people or so filling out applications for sponsorship. They probably made several thousand dollars just at that event. It's insane... dumbest thing ever. Trust me, if it was that easy, you'd see a lot more sponsored riced out hondas.

Do you know anybody that has a full, well-known sponsor of their car? Those people usually have $30,000+ invested in the car, OR have built another car worth that much, or just have amazing connections in the aftermarket community. I know a few... their other cars include Corvettes, Mach 1's, Vipers, etc.... those who get sponsorships are mostly those who don't need it

And about the possibility of being "featured" at HIN... you'll have as much chance as anyone else who's willing to pay $50 for one night of a car show. Have you ever been to HIN? There are maybe only 3 tibs that could compete there; that's where the big money cars show