Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Pimp My Ride Sponsorship!

Old 02-06-2006, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I was on cardomain.com the other day and I saw a little banner that said fill out an application for a "Pimp My Ride" sponsorship...So I said what the heck...its worth a shot...

So i filled it out and sent it in, and today i just recieved an email saying this...

Hi Corbin,

Congratulations! You have been chosen for the Pimp Your Ride Sponsorship! Before we go into the details on your exciting new sponsorship we want to thank you and our sponsors for making this opportunity possible. Without VerticalDoors Inc, Tsunami, RevPM.com, Blaupunkt USA, Optimal Graphics Inc., StreetFX, and our other exclusive sponsors, this would not be possible. If you are not familiar with these companies and the types of sponsorships they award, we suggest that you visit our website to learn more.

Also, because you only filled out our fast app, our sponsors require some additional questions about you and your future car plans. For your convenience, I have set up a web page for you. Please go to -------- and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Please keep in mind; we have the right to refuse your application for any reason. To ensure success, please answer the questions appropriately, clearly and truthfully. Please submit your answers as soon as possible. Once submitted, we will contact you via email or phone within 24 hours.

In the meantime, please gather any photos of your vehicle as we may require those at some point during the sponsorship period for before/after press releases.

Sincerely,

Ragen St. Peter
'Pimp Your Ride' Campaign Manager
East Coast Division

I didn't put the website because it was just stuff I had to fill out...But im not sure whether to believe it or not?
They are having me send $89 for a sponsorship pack or somethin like that...

Im not quite sure what to think? Do you guys think its for real? They have me pretty fooled!
They have some reliable sponsors too!

here's their website
carsponsorships.com
Old 02-06-2006, 09:05 PM

hmm.. seems kinda effy..

The website seems nice.. and they only charge you one time once you get "locked" in for a sponsorship.. but who knows, tell me how it goes if you do it.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:07 PM

Im going to call them tomorrow because I'm not quite sure what to believe?

But hey...if they wanna send me some vertical doors for free or somethin...I'm all for it!
Old 02-06-2006, 09:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I dont trust any sponsorship that CHARGES YOU money.

Its like the modeling scams... why charge someone money when you really make the money by their future services?
Old 02-06-2006, 09:09 PM

Sounds like scam to me...
Old 02-06-2006, 09:10 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

QUOTE (cdubb @ Feb 7 2006, 03:59 AM)
Ragen St. Peter
'Pimp Your Ride' Campaign Manager
East Coast Division

this is why i think its shady

the show is "Pimp My Ride" not "pimp your ride"
and since when did west coast customs have a east coast division
Old 02-06-2006, 09:12 PM

thats one of the universal sponsorships...nothing real.

you pay and they do end up giving you stuff but its nothing you pick and you have to put these rediculous stickers on the car and go to the car shows..

carsponsorships.com has been out for a while and they are not real sponsorships. its a company that finds stuff that is given away from the companies and you have to do what they want...
Old 02-06-2006, 09:14 PM

so im pretty much their show b!tch??

would they send me good stuff...or would it be sh*tty stuff?

Because if they will actually send me nice stuff so that I can raise the value of my car....then I will go to car shows and all that crap...
Old 02-06-2006, 09:18 PM

it just depends. have you been to any big show lately?

usually at their booth its like 5-6 stock looking cars with little mods and huge stickers on the FRONT of the Front windshield.

i think you really can get stuff like springs, tires, etc but you have to have a car those compaines like
Old 02-06-2006, 09:20 PM

nope...I havnt been to any in awhile!

But i dont know...im going to call them tomorrow and get the full info on all of it..and decide whether I want to or not...

I mean...it might be worth a shot if i can get some good stuff for my car?

long- would you do it?