Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Picked up my Elantra GL yesterday!!!

Old 11-27-2002, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up my Elantra GL yesterday!!!

Great news! I got my Elantra yesterday...

The question is, how long does it take for someone to get a good grasp on how to drive a standard? I took it out for about 2 hours yesterday before I went into work. I can tell you one thing, I was A LOT better at the end of the two hours then I was at the beginning. rolleyes.gif
For the first bit my girlfriend was with me, and she just made me nervous, so I dropped her off at home and went out myself.
I just need practice accelerating from a stop; especially on hills. I keep letting the clutch out too fast and it tends to be a bit jerky...
Time to go practice.

My audio equipment that was in the Accent is being installed Tuesday in my new car. I may not be able to drive it well, but at least it'll sound good.

[ November 28, 2002, 06:52 AM: Message edited by: ELANTRAVISION ]
Old 11-28-2002, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Grats. When I learned how to drive standard, it was kinda quirky at first since it was just an added principle. But yes, about a couple hours after, you should feel confident but remember to keep consistient with your practice. Driving around hilly areas that actually have some traffic would be good too.