Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

People Around Here Can't Drive!

Old 04-07-2007, 09:31 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I've always said it since the military moved me here. People in Columbia can't drive. Well, they did a survey and it turns out I'm right. These guys can't drive.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17964471/?GT1=9246

Quick. Where are the safest drivers in the country?

A new magazine ranking says Des Moines, Iowa.

But the cities that follow on the list from Men’s Health Magazine may be somewhat puzzling. After Des Moines are Jersey City, New Jersey; New York City; Yonkers, New York, and San Francisco.

And where are the worst drivers?

Columbia, South Carolina,leads the list, followed by St. Louis; Greensboro, North Carolina; Jackson, Mississippi, and Cheyenne, Wyoming.

The survey used data from National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Allstate Insurance and the Governors Highway Safety Association to rank 100 cities.

The key factors in deciding the rankings include the total number of fatal accidents and fatal crashes caused by speeding.

btw.. Fort Jackson is in Columbia, SC.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

damn... and i thoughtwe had it bad. our state is too clogged up for anything near fatal.

dtn be on guard you never really know. driving has gotten pretty scary for me lately i don't even want to take the car out anymore.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:55 PM

Hell I thought that NY was bad until I moved to GA, People around here drive like fruitcakes, nobody uses blinkers, they don't look before changing lanes and just push you off the road if they have to, heck somebody almost crashed into the back of me last night and I was not even stopping, he raced up on my ass so fast he had to lock up his brakes and go into the curb and I was doing 45 in a 30 at the time, I only lived here for 7 months so far and two people crashed through my fence in my front yard, it's nuts, I can't see why the insurance is cheaper here.

Where I live they don't do saftey checks on cars either only emissions, they don't care if your car has bald tires and no brakes or lights as long as it passes the sniffer test it's OK to them, and I cant understand that either.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:56 PM

i'm surprised NJ isn't up there from all the sterotypes about our driving aha
Old 04-07-2007, 10:07 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Tiburon/FX

Turn signals wtf are they lol. Seriously NOBODY in pittsburgh uses them. everybody does like either 20mph over the limit or 20 under. And all the drivers refuse to signal. Here and washington DC. Two places with horrible drivers lol.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:31 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

im surprised det aint the worst drivers. lol i know for sure MI;s roads are the worst. lol lmao.gif
Old 04-08-2007, 04:31 AM

hell yeah! i live 15 minutes from st louis and they can't drive worth a piss. it's always horrible when we go to u-city at the loop
Old 04-08-2007, 10:33 AM

And her I thought they were bad up in PA. I was visiting relatives there and came home last night. Traveling down the PA turnpike towards Philly, I knew I had one car on my arse.. sitting less than a carlength back at 70mph was really annoying.. but then I realized I was the locomotive to a whole train of cars doing the same thing, at least 8, all doing the same thing. I took the oppertunity to slip into the passing lane (there was no traffic) and pass a slower moving car.. the whole train just stayed there, following the car I had just passed.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:15 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

People in my city seem to be really good drivers cmpared to other places I go. We have one intersection 10 and 95 which is super clogged up every morning, but Ive never seen a crash there I don't know how it happens.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:41 AM

I agree NY has very good drivers, the only reason people say that NY drivers are bad is because they can't keep up with our tempo.