Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Pay for working at a shop?

Old 07-31-2006, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I was curious if I was to be working in a shop doing welding, fabricating of charge pipes, designing intercooler setups for cars, work on engines, setting up orders and packing turbo kits, etc. What kind of pay would I be looking for, or what is a fair pay? Because I have no idea. I am still a college student going into my senior year at UCD for electrical engineering, so I don't have any certificates/degrees. I am not 100% positive whether it's more commision based, salary, or just going in and working a certain amount of hours a week doing whatever needs done. But yeah does anyone know what I should be looking for? Thanks!
Old 07-31-2006, 11:24 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Selina use to work at a mechanic's shop and she said the beginner's earn about $8 an hour + 10% commission. Her dad gets like $15 an hour + the commission since he's been in the mechanic business for a long time.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:29 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

you working for a shop? or you being the shop? because if you're working for one expect 8 per hour. more if you're good but that's the limit.

if you want to start a business, it'll have to unwrap before you can start unfolding. i mean if you could do setups for forums, that would be good business. but your work would have to be good and precise.