Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Parking lot paint job

Old 05-13-2010, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 98 Tiburon
Default Parking lot paint job

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubh...en-scammed.html

So I decided to save a few bucks on getting my bumpers fixed and painted by calling this guy from craigslist rather than taking it to a reputable paint shop. He gives me a quote of $475 over the phone, and I agreed. Three guys come over, and sand, prime, paint, and clear my car while it's in my apartment's parking lot, while the bumpers are still on my car. I found it a little weird, but no really big deal. While they're clearing it, I check on the work and it looks pretty good.

Then long story short, I had to drive my car to the atm to grab money to pay them, and the final amount they want is substantially higher than the original quote (random other touch-ups, tip, etc. came out to be $775). I stand my ground and tell them the price wasn't the one we agreed upon and I'd pay them $500 since they were able to get it done in 1 day. Ok, everything finished, they leave. Now I take a flashlight and really examine the job, looks like there's a small paint drip and several really thin cracks in the paint. Plus it looks a bit off-shade... I'll check it out in the morning, but I'm concerned that the paint won't last more than a year.

During the job they had told me to feel free to call them if something in the paint didn't look right, etc, and everything sounded good. Just hope I didn't get scammed on a really ****ty paint job...

Old 05-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

hahahaha what a moron......

seriously.. 500$ to paint two bumpers outside.......

looks like a 'meh' rattle can job that coulda been done by anyone.. that guy got raped..
Old 05-13-2010, 08:49 AM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

Stupid ass...

...I'd have done it for $400.