Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Paris Deal

Old 06-05-2017, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Elon Musk (Owner Tesla) and Rober Iger (Disney CEO) pulled out of Trump's Economic Advisory Council. Travis Kalanick (Uber CEO) resigned.

The list of current advisors who remain:

Jeff Bezos $66,400 million CEO of Amazon and Blue Origin $372 billion private sector

Larry Page $39,500 million CEO of Alphabet (Google parent) $560 billion private sector

Eric Schmidt $11,500 million Chairman of Alphabet (Google parent) $560 billion private sector

Donald Trump $12,000 million Owner of The Trump Organization $100 billion President

Wilbur Ross $2,900 million Former co-CEO at Invesco $12 billion[54] Commerce

Peter Thiel $2,700 million Chairman of Palantir $20 billion (private) transition team

Alex Karp $1,600 million CEO of Palantir $20 billion (private) private sector

Sheryl Sandberg $1,270 million COO of Facebook $354 billion private sector

Tim Cook $785 million CEO of Apple Computer $624 billion private sector

Safra Catz $525 million CEO of Oracle Corp $169 billion private sector

Gary Cohn $266 million Former president of Goldman Sachs $93 billion[55] Director N.E.C.

Jared Kushner $200 million Owner of Kushner Companies unspecified transition team

Ivanka Trump $150 million Co-heir of The Trump Organization (see Donald Trump) transition team

Donald Trump, Jr. $150 million Co-heir & EVP of The Trump Organization (see Donald Trump) transition team

Eric Trump $150 million Co-heir & EVP of The Trump Organization (see Donald Trump) transition team

Satya Nadella $84 million CEO of Microsoft $494 billion private sector

Brad Smith $58 million President of Microsoft $494 billion private sector

Ginni Rometty $45 million CEO of IBM $163 billion private sector

Chuck Robbins $13 million CEO of Cisco $155 billion private sector

Brian Krzanich $12 million CEO of Intel $177 billion private sector

Stephen Bannon $10 million Former chairman of Breitbart unspecified Strategist

Mike Pence $unknown Former Governor of Indiana (n/a) Vice-President

Reince Priebus $unknown Former RNC chairman (n/a) Chief of Staff

Stephen Miller $unknown Former comms. dir. for Jeff Sessions (n/a) Sr.Advisor

Business-oriented strategy advisors:

Ginni Rometty, CEO of IBM, also attended tech-CEO meeting

Doug McMillon, CEO of Wal-Mart

Mary Barra, CEO of GM

Indra Nooyi, CEO of PepsiCo

Jack Welch, former CEO of GE

Jim McNerney, former CEO of Boeing

Jamie Dimon, CEO of JPMorgan Chase

Mark Weinberger, CEO of EY

Rich Lesser, CEO of BCG

Paul Atkins, former SEC commissioner

Kevin Warsh, former FRB member

Larry Fink, CEO of BlackRock

Toby Cosgrove, CEO of Cleveland Clinic

Bayo Ogunlesi, chair of Global Infrastructure Partners

Daniel Yergin, winner of the Pulitzer Prize
Old 06-06-2017, 10:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Originally Posted by i8acobra
Try 30%, and falling. Natural gas is the current fossil fuel of choice. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of a political agenda.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal_p..._United_States
LOL, you just got done chastising Stocker for using Wiki as a source in the other thread and yet here you are using it yourself. Silly little man.

My point is that renewable resources account for only a small percentage (13%), yet Obama and this Paris deal wants the US citizens to fork out the money to FORCE it as a mainstream energy source, while the CEO's of these companies get rich, and other countries get built on OUR backs. How about I elect out of it, and you pay for MY share since you seem to like it so much? I'll take the free ride all day just like the rest of the world.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Originally Posted by JonGTR
LOL, you just got done chastising Stocker for using Wiki as a source in the other thread and yet here you are using it yourself. Silly little man.

No, I chastised him for using an image without checking the source. Critical thinking... use it. You must be one of those anti-facts guys who hates Wikipedia and Snopes because "they're tools of the liberal elite". These source exist so that when people say ridiculous things like "85% to 90%" of our power comes from coal, we can look up the actual number. You have a credible source that says 85-90%?

Originally Posted by JonGTR
My point is that renewable resources account for only a small percentage (13%), yet Obama and this Paris deal wants the US citizens to fork out the money to FORCE it as a mainstream energy source, while the CEO's of these companies get rich, and other countries get built on OUR backs. How about I elect out of it, and you pay for MY share since you seem to like it so much? I'll take the free ride all day just like the rest of the world.

According to https://www.eia.gov/electricity/monthly/, it's 14.3% and growing at a rate faster than overall generation (2.79% vs. 2.53%). Subsidies? Like the ones I've been paying to the fossil fuels industries since the 80's? You wanna talk about rich CEO's? The richest work in the fossil fuels industries... http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-Ge...-Gas-CEOs.html