Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Paintball Gun Help

Old 10-31-2006, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to this website..
Dicks Sporting Goods

Im lookin at gettin a paintball gun. If any of you know anythign about them, can you pick me out a decent one for less than 150? I was lookin at this one...
Icon

Ill need everything else as well (mask, tank, paintballs, loader, etc)--the cheapo stuff will do lol
Or if you know of any other places to look at better deals that would be great too!
Old 10-31-2006, 11:43 AM

i'm in a rush, have a midterm in 20 mins....but don't get the marker, its a POS....my suggestion a tippmann 98 if your a beginner looking to get in the sport.....feilds normally have rentals if your looking just to go every once inawhile......actionvillage.com, good reliable store. I ordered a lot of my gear through them along w/ my friends. Not one problem.

pbnation.com- excellent, if not the best paintball forum on the internet, they have a BST forum if your looking to get a deal on gear as well

when i get back form my midterm, i'll edit my post and get more detailed

smile.gif
Old 10-31-2006, 12:32 PM

Not gonna rent anything. My gma has a farm with 92 acres, sh*t load of woods, open fields, and bails of hay fing02.gif we gonna make our own lol

what about these...
game face
PMI
Diablo
Old 10-31-2006, 12:34 PM

I agree with him, not to fond of the makers dont know why. I'm more of a novice to paintballing I go on occasion but more than likely rent. But since you got 92 acres to spare thats a good reason to buy your own.

If my friend ever answers his phone he is a very advid paintballer and could give me pointers to give to you.

My thing is, I would try to stay away from the electronic ones just seam sketchy to me.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:36 PM

^^whys that? lol im as new to paintballin as can be
Old 10-31-2006, 12:50 PM

All my friends that have the electronic ones including my older brother would have problems like not being able to switch off of fully auto. Or Accidentially bump on a prop and it switch to burst mode. Just little annoying stuff that I tend to avoid by getting the basic gun where there are a selective things that can go wrong.

With the basic gun only problems i've encountered - broken paint ball inside barrel (easy fix just get the stick cleaner for got what the real name is). - No Pressure (co2 isnt installed correctly or out of co2)
-If you get a jam (pull the leaver back and whiggle the hopper and your back in action)

With electronic guns you have a bunch more problems that can occur that just don't need to occur.

I need to retract the statment about I dont like Markers I just dont like Electronic markers.
This kit i found doesn't seam that bad at all maybe the interchangable barrel might give you problems but I've met people that put a 1 foot barrel and have no problems.

Again Im a novice but been around some advid paintballers so take my advice as advice tongue.gif

Full Kits for under 150
Old 10-31-2006, 01:07 PM

Well since I can't edit my post, here I am adding a new one wink1.gif

I havn't had a problem w/ my electronic marker. I have a spyder fenix w/ an upgraded board (XSF) to keep up w/ the high end markers. Thats the only thing I could think of for your (blue blaze) friends markers always falling apart. Yea, the high end markers need constant care, kind of like when you go turbo, ya know? lol trying to make an analogy, but my fenix w/ the board and electronic hopper cost me about 500 dollars in all and only problems I've had is the battery dieing on me while in the middle of game. I keep a pistol marker (warsensor zeus G1), as a backup just in case. But because you are a beginner, I wouldn't go electronic, just the basic marker. As for your choices, in order of choices I would get, Diablo, Game Face, then PMI. However, I would never get a PMI marker. Poor quality and make. Since the Diablo is 160, and if thats your range, I would suggest this :

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERS...XoAAAEJu8vspNEj

Tippmann is a very good beginnner marker. They are strong and built to last. You could probably throw that marker out in a lake, swim out to it, and then air it up and play w/o loss of performance. I started off w/ a spyder xtra so don't think, I'm like a spokesperson or something like that lol.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:37 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Tiburon/FX

dude i used to be big into paintball before i got my car, I got a fully custom built autococker, pnematics system, actuartor rod, superfly cocking bolt, etc...with Vforce maska nd a 40 N2O tank. If your interested because I dont play anymore. But if not, and your a beginner Id go with a tipmann 98 custom for woods ball/army combat style. Or if its more intense and fast paced and your first time go with a spyder electra or something similar, they are kinda like the civic of paintball. LOL
Old 10-31-2006, 03:57 PM

ALRIGHT SOMETHIN IN MY AREA OF EXPERTISE!! I Love paintball, play whenever I can, I own a Angel
A-4 but those are to expensive for what yur lookin for...

http://www.actionvillage.com yes is probably the cheapest place to get Paintball stuff.

And for Viper... I agree with him completely on the Tippmann, it near impossible to break them, I worked at a paintball place for awhile here, and someone left a tippmannoutside over the winter, found it in the spring cocked the gun back and started to shoot stuff up.

If you are a beginner, I would HIGHLY recommend a tippmann, one of the guns I own is a tippmann 98 custom, have not had any problems what so ever for about 3 years playing with it.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:06 PM
MKE

when i played a few years ago, i liked my spyder flash, i paid a decent amount for them, but they're cheap on ebay now. i also had a spyder compact and a cheap VL revolation. the compact was nice but it chopped alot of balls (even the high quality ones) and the VL was very inaccurate.

i've also heard the tippman 98 is a good one. i had some friends that used it, but i dont have any experience with one.