Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Omfg!!! Xbox 360 News From E3???

Old 05-23-2005, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

good god that is tight...well i know where the paycheck will be going.. the shit is just going to get better and better. good find B)
Old 05-23-2005, 11:57 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ May 20 2005, 03:33 PM)
I went and checked out some stuff on it, AWESOME. I gotta have.
THis isn't a Xbox VS PS3 thread, keep the PS3 dirty word out of this thread.

Ugh.

And for your comment, you obviously didn't see any of the trailers above.

Damn PS Fanboys.

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ May 22 2005, 01:11 AM)
Shiet, it won't. The PS3 only has a few different specs than the 360 anyways, and as far as I've seen, the 360 can do more.

I haven't considered Nintendo a serious contender for years.

just wanted to let you know somethings, first your a xbox fanboy, so you dont have much room to talk there. 2nd, the xbox does look good, except, microsoft has been qouted for saying that the ps3 is better, much better, their just hoping xbl makes up for it. i dont see that happening. the ps3 is a much better machine than the xbox, stats wise(about double the performance). however the ps3 is kinda expensive, at the 400 dollar mark 02.gif. i want to see the xbox 360 controller and more information. btw do you know what medium the xbox 360 is using for discs? is it still dvd based? i cant see them doing blue ray as that is a sony developed thing.

i am impressed with those graphics though, cant wait to see what the ps3 can put out for similar games,
Old 05-23-2005, 12:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (00Tibby @ May 23 2005, 11:57 AM)
first your a xbox fanboy, so you dont have much room to talk there.

And your point? LOL This thread is FOR the Xbox crowd, not for you pS bastards.

I've stated specificly this is NOT a thread for the PS3 or for the comparisons.

2nd, the xbox does look good, except, microsoft has been qouted for saying that the ps3 is better, much better,

I'd like to see some proof of that. They've probably said that the PS3 is more powerful in one or two aspects, but that doesn't mean it's better, at all.

their just hoping xbl makes up for it. i dont see that happening.

It does make up for it. You just don't know because you don't have it. B)

the ps3 is a much better machine than the xbox, stats wise(about double the performance).

Oh, you mean the teraflop thing? Everything I've read says that the ratings of teraflops are very biased on all processors, it depends on what you used to rate them, and several other things. Not to mention, they are both rated at 3.2Ghz, and most of their stats are almost identical.

I just went to google.com and did the following search.

"Xbox 360" PS3 comparison

Here's the first one.

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000367043866/

CONCLUSION

When you break down the numbers, Xbox 360 has provably more performance than PS3. Keep in mind that Sony has a track record of over promising and under delivering on technical performance. The truth is that both systems pack a lot of power for high definition games and entertainment.

However, hardware performance, while important, is only a third of the puzzle. Xbox 360 is a fusion of hardware, software and services. Without the software and services to power it, even the most powerful hardware becomes inconsequential. Xbox 360 games—by leveraging cutting-edge hardware, software, and services—will outperform the PlayStation 3.

Let's also compare this. The Apple's back in the day were way superior to the IBM clones right? But the IBM clones won out because of software, services, and availablity.

http://www.ensight.org/archives/2005/05/20...ps3-comparison/

May 20, 2005

XBox 360 vs PS3 Comparison

I’m not vouching for the validity of any of this. However, Microsoft has come up with some information regarding the expected performance of both systems. Unsurprisingly, it’s tilted in Microsoft’s favor.

Sure, at the end of the day games and services will win the race. But, great graphical performance sure helps. Especially when certain developers (ahem, Valve) won’t develop games (ahem, Half Life 2) for your system (ahem, PS2).

Heh, read this one.

http://www.majornelson.com/2005/05/20/xbox...s3-part-1-of-4/

In the end, they are right. More power is nice and all, but the games and the way you play them is what will win out. Services will OWN PS3. Not to mention, the faster memory is what I prefer...

however the ps3 is kinda expensive, at the 400 dollar mark 02.gif.

Word. And there you have Sony pushing a new hardware that THEY developed (Blueray), to try to tilt things.

i want to see the xbox 360 controller and more information.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000200042615/

It's awesome, and ALL wireless...

http://gear.ign.com/articles/613/613588p1.html

btw do you know what medium the xbox 360 is using for discs? is it still dvd based?

DVD based, Dual layer 9Gigs.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:55 PM

I am just glad that the xbox control got rid of those stupid white and black buttons. It looks just like a redesigned ps controller. I will admit, the xbox looks pretty tight, and as for now, the current xbox ownz all over the ps2. we shall see what the end results are for the next gen consoles.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:17 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

their just hoping xbl makes up for it. i dont see that happening.

It does make up for it. You just don't know because you don't have it. cool.gif

wrong, i did have it for a year, didnt really like it. but like you say it will be how you play and what games come out.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:21 PM

now is it me or does it seem that is Microsoft knows and openly admits that ps3 is better. If that is true... that they definately have something up there sleeve. and they know something that sony doesnt...

just a thought..

Microsoft isnt exactly a company for backing down or settling for second.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (raehtz10 @ May 23 2005, 12:55 PM)
I am just glad that the xbox control got rid of those stupid white and black buttons. It looks just like a redesigned ps controller. I will admit, the xbox looks pretty tight, and as for now, the current xbox ownz all over the ps2. we shall see what the end results are for the next gen consoles.

The black & white buttons are gone and replaced with these 2 new shoulder buttons. While I DO NOT like this setup, it's still better than the 4 shoulder button setup that the PS has had forever.

I also like the fact that the 360 is WIRELESS controlled, from the start. Including wireless microphone hookup to your controller.

QUOTE (BuuGieWuuGie @ May 23 2005, 01:21 PM)
now is it me or does it seem that is Microsoft knows and openly admits that ps3 is better. If that is true... that they definately have something up there sleeve. and they know something that sony doesnt...

Again, I haven't seen anything anywhere where anyone from Microsoft said that the PS3 is better. I saw one comment that they had made about the PS3 having higher #'s in 2 stats, but that's it. Again, that doesn't mean better. I said that above too.

Microsoft isnt exactly a company for backing down or settling for second.

I fully agree. MS is one of the richest companies in the world. They put the Xbox out there knowing AT BEST they'd be loosing $50 for each console sold. Bill Gates will not back down, and they will clobber everyone else. Again, I'm not a fan of MS, but they do have the Xbox done right.

Unforutnately though, this thread is NOT ABOUT XBOX 360 vs. PS3. I've said that from the start. Post about what you've seen on the 360 and such, but one more PS3 comparison and I'll warn your ass.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:49 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

That controller definitely looks hot. Better than the boomerang PS3 controller
Old 05-23-2005, 06:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I just read something very sad....the Xbox 360 will NOT be backwards compatible. Also, MS says that they have no plans for TIVO-style functionality..... 02.gif
Old 05-23-2005, 07:55 PM

Vehicle: Honda

Microsoft said at E3 it is not full backwards, but the better selling games for Xbox will play on the 360. So you didn't just hear anything.

Redzman, why did you argue back? Why didn't you just delete the posts? Just curious. B)