Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

The Olympics

Old 08-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Thumbs up The Olympics

So the Olympics are on now, and just wondering who's going to be watching them, and what sport(s) you're all looking forward to seeing?

I'm pretty interested in seeing BMX Racing since this is the first time its been classified as an Olympic sport. I'm all about X-Games stuff, so seeing Snowboarding and BMX Racing added to the Olympics is an awesome thing for me. Now, if they add Surfing and Moto-X, that would be sweet! cool.gif
Old 08-10-2008, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 hyundai accent

There are a few tvs around here that have basic cable, like 7 channels. The olympics are being covered 24/7 on 2 channels, so I can catch a little here and there. I watched cuba whoop poland in female volleyball the other night.

Its kind of interesting to look at this event (olympics), as "these are supposed to be the best athletes in the world", and some of them are not that good. Is this really what your country has to offer? seriously. The olympics in my mind should be an awe inspiring event, at the highest competitive level that the human body can produce. Your country's bragging right hangs in the balance, I would assume you would send someone a little faster, stronger, whatever. disappointed.gif

but its still a good watch.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:56 AM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

I'll watch whenever I get the chance. Which is not often these days.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:35 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

i may catch some events.... but how bout the opening ceremoy!? that was an amazing show.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

The opening ceremony was pretty impressive.

I'll watch some but I can only handle so much. I mostly like the sports I can't watch all the time already.