Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

ohhhhhhhh, ****

Old 04-04-2003, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ohhhhhhhh, ****

I'M GOING TO PREFACE THIS AS A CONSUMER ADVISORY

yeah, so i'm grocery shopping today, and i saw some fat free pringles. hmm, sounds really good AND healthy. nothing but a few carbs in them. so i picked up two cans. i'm halfway through the first can (i starve myself of snack food, so i devour it when i get it) before i see the "olean" logo on the side. now, i start remembering that article i read on olean/olestra a while back before it really hit the market. basically, it tastes like fat, but it's not fat. oh, and it lubricates your whole digestive system, so food SQUIRTS out nicley. not that you all wanna hear about what's gonna happen next, but i'm giving you a heads up. don't buy any products with olestra/olean in them. just look at any low-fat or non-fat products to make sure there's none of this **** in it. do a search on the clinical trials of this and read what happens to people that eat it. f_you_ma
Old 04-04-2003, 03:51 PM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

owned
Old 04-04-2003, 04:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Anal leakage/seepage rulz!!!

*Passes the TP and wet wipes*

lol
Old 04-06-2003, 08:38 PM

It's marvel mystery oil for the colon!

I bet the old people just *love* it... fiber be damned!
Old 04-06-2003, 09:38 PM

I used to work for Proctor & Gamble when Olestra got the FDA Approval, and we saw all the reports at the time... Basicly, Olestra is exactly the same as normal fat, but the molecules are too large(or was it small?) to be absorbed the way normal fat is. One consequence of this was that it went straight through the system, nad the Human Sphincter was not 'Tight' enough (LEAVE KIRK ALONE!!)to prevent 'Anal Leakage'. In fact one of the people on the FDA board had a whole scenario going on about the 17yr old Jock getting changed before a game, and all his friends seeing the 6 inch Skid Mark on his underwear smile.gif

Anywa, the FDA thought that the benefits of having a 100% non absorbant fat far out wieghed the American nation having to stop wearing white underpants smile.gif
Old 04-07-2003, 10:57 AM

eek! eek! lol lol funny *** ****