Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

NY cab drivers not allowed to honk their horns

Old 10-25-2011, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Tiburon
Default NY cab drivers not allowed to honk their horns

Unless its an emergency

http://overheadbin.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...n-honk-warning

N.Y. cabbies get horn honk warningBy NBC New York

New York City cabbies are being warned that horn honking could lead to a $350 fine.

A warning message from the Taxi and Limousine Commission began appearing on taxicab information monitors Monday: "Drivers — remember that honking is against the law except when warning of imminent danger! Be a good neighbor and save yourself a $350 summons — honk ONLY in an emergency!”

The TLC says passengers should tell drivers that they do not want them to honk their horns. If the driver does not comply, they should call 311 to report the violation.

“We understand and appreciate that drivers want to be responsive when passengers are in a hurry to get to their destinations,” said TLC Commissioner David Yassky, “but horn abuse isn’t the way to accomplish that goal.”

The city recently announced that a new taxi model, expected on roads in November 2013, will have a "low annoyance horn."

I've been to NYC many times and I find this really funny because cab drivers there are ALWAYS honking their horns at people and other drivers.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:24 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Tuscani Tiburon

Ive been to NYC once, and there have been many signs up all over for years that honking your horn is a $350 fine. We saw a police officer on the corner once and asked him if that ever got enforced. (While people were honking their horns right beside us) And he just blatently said no it doesnt lol. I found it rather funny.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:36 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

Not gonna happen.

Albany is just as bad