Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Now where did I put that $200k Shelby Mustang?

Old 04-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Now where did I put that $200k Shelby Mustang?

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story/...Jh3li3m5w.cspx

Rare Shelby Mustang found while cleaning garage

LECOMPTON, Kansas -- Imagine cleaning out a garage and finding something so amazing that it was like winning the lottery.

It happened to a Lecompton businessman.

Working as an auctioneer for the last 40 years, Bill Fair said he has come across some weird stuff.

"A skull, body parts," he said.

But Fair said even he wasn't prepared for what he found recently.

What Fair found was a classic 66 Shelby Mustang one of only 1,100 made, and sold from Carroll Shelby's personal car lot.

The fastback was sitting in the middle of a huge pile of junk in a storage unit. It has been there 26 years and was in near perfect condition.

"In the middle of all the trash was a car," he said.

Fair didn't really know what his company had just found. A little research showed that similar cars have sold for upwards of $2 million.

Fair had been hired by a court-appointed attorney in working with the Texas attorney general's office to take over and clean out the building. When he told them about the car, they had it shipped to an auction in San Antonio.

And while Fair may never see the classic Mustang again, he will never forget it.

Fair said they've already had an offer of $60,000 for the car. The Texas attorney general's office is expecting to get around $200,000

If it were me, well...lets just say I would have played stupid if the attorney general asked what was in the storage unit....
Old 04-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Damn. My lips would have been sealed. File for a lost title and hope.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Select a dark foggy night, get a friend and tow that baby right home with the lights out!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

You guys won't believe it, but the guy who owns the land where I go shooting sometimes has this car in his shed . . .

He was on his way to a club meet and the starter quit so he parked it. Decades ago. The first time I saw it, I came around the corner in the shed, saw junk . . . junk . . . sheets of cardboard/broken down boxes laying flat on top of . . . fastback!? White? Car? FRIKKEN VINTAGE MUSTANG IN THE SHED?!!!1!

Never for sale. This guy will sell this car the day after he dies. Maybe next time I go I'll be able to snap a picture.