Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Nick Hogans Wrecked Supra

Old 03-25-2008, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I hadn't seen these yet till now... dang! He tore it up pretty bad.

http://blog.cardomain.com/blog/2008/03/pol...cmp_id=EMC-News
Old 03-25-2008, 06:59 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Old news but that guy is an idiot and I hope his friend stabs him in the brain.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:17 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

Two words, ROLL CAGE, any car that fast should have well fabricated 6 point cage installed to protect the passengers in situations like this.

That thing sure is f-ed up, any details on how fast they were supposedly going and what caused him to lose control? He was racing some other car I believe, but that could have been a rumor.

Did his friend make it? I heard he was in critical condition for a while then the story kind of fell off the news.

I like laughing at nick trying to compete in the d1 drifting competition, he can't drive for crap and everyone calls him hardcore for staying at it even though he continually loses control of the vehicle. He doesn't have balls, he's just stupid, haha.

BTW: that supra is rice! lmao.gif
Old 03-25-2008, 07:54 PM

Yeah that guys an idoit...

It looks liek you can still salvage the intercooler tho. tongue.gif
Old 03-25-2008, 11:31 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

See it happened right down the road from me and nick hogan (bolea) lives in clearwater which is right near me also, so the news companies always give updates; mainly on nicks legal battles but some coverage on the kid.

For the one who asked, he's supposidly "improving", he has been in a coma since this happened, but recently opened his eyes and responds to simple stimulants so they've upgraded his condition to "semiconscious"

For nick, he faces felony charges of reckless driving with serious bodily injury; and in civil court graziano's family has filed a lawsuit that sues nick, terry (hulk), linda (hulk's now ex wife), and the guy who was driving the viper the cops say were racing him (even tho a traffic video right before the crash shows they weren't racing at the time as the viper got caught in traffic)

The basis for suing the parents is negligence, as they knew he drove recklessly and at the very least his father knew he had been drinking.

Now, people instantly take the side of john, but in reality they were all idiots and are ALL at fault. Sure nick was driving recklessly and shouldnt have been drinking (esspecially being underage) but john climbed his OWN ass in that car and decided not to wear a seat belt even knowing how nick drives.

People act like john was a bystander in the whole situation, like he was hit on the side of the road walking home from bible study.

He's 23, and was drinking with nick, who was 17 at the time, and decided on his own that it wouldn't be a bad idea to climb in to a highly modified supra with an inebriated 17 year old who is known for reckless driving, and even tho it had just RAINED, "i dont need no stinkin seatbelt".

For the record, nick was wearing his, and he's fine. If this kid would have just taken the 2 seconds to put his belt on, it would have just been the wreck that nick got busted drinking and lost his license, but now, his life's ruined and as much as people don't want to admit it, it's his own fault.

Sure his medical bills should be covered by the hogans, but they're going to be suing for a lot more than that and i don't think thats right.

And, tdonnell, the rollcage would have most likely killed john as he wasnt wearing his seatbelt, his injuries were caused by being violently thrown around the inside of the car sustaining head injuries, and with an unpadded rollcage hitting his head instead of vinyl interior, he would have most certainly died.

Bottom line is, they are both stupid.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:37 AM

any details on how fast they were supposedly going

haven't you read the comments? it said it right there by Adit:
80 in a 45 zone

seesh, super-nice cars like that should never be driven by youngsters. that's what ticks me off nowadays, younguns with highly-expensive cars, like this nick for example, i mean, a student at the local high school got a super-nice performance car with turbo and beautiful paint, deep blue with silver racing stripe. i can't remember exactly what it is, but similar body-style to an '05, '06 dodge viper and ford gt. stupid kid bribing that he "earned" it. pfft, more like his rich parents just plain spoiling him!

i mean when youngsters simply get spoiled like that, just seems to me like they're not in the right state of mind to go out and work on thier own for a living, they just rely on their parents to get them where they are. my opinion, if parents plan on getting thier children a car for a gift, or when they get their license, that's great! just get them a simple car, nothing too special/unique compared to others of thier own age. when parents do that, poor teenagers with thier ego-minds feels tempted and urges to "show-off" and "be better" than others just because they got spoiled with something oh-so-expensive.

sheesh nick, calm down for a change, grow up, and don't let anything get the better of you!!!
Old 03-26-2008, 03:24 PM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

you guys see that he's trying out for D1 with a Viper. i watched it and his first run he hit the wall and on the second time he hit the wall again and trashed the back of the viper. just cause you got money don't mean you got skills.

well atleast the front bumper and the headlights were ok. burnout.gif
Old 03-26-2008, 03:39 PM

QUOTE (tanc @ Mar 25 2008, 07:59 PM)
Old news but that guy is an idiot and I hope his friend stabs him in the brain.

I meant I hadn't seen the pictures till now, apparently they were only released this month.

the wreck was a while ago.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:07 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

No airbags?

Old 03-27-2008, 08:34 AM

rear impact..... I'm no airbag expert but I think thats why.