Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

New Website!

Old 03-12-2012, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default New Website!

Hey everyone! My wife and I are super excited to announce the launch of our new (re-branded) wedding photography business! We're a wedding photography couple, and although we're based in Huntsville, AL, we're more than happy to travel anywhere to shoot a wedding. We focus specifically on the experience of the wedding. If the you're able to have a relaxing, exciting, fantastic wedding day, then we're easily able to get awesome pictures of you.

Have a look around, and let me know what you think! We love referrals, so if you know anyone who's getting married, send them our way! Even if you're not local to us, we are super eager to travel anywhere - we travel cheap and charge just bare minimum for expenses.

Joel and Amber Photography

http://www.joelandamberphotography.com

Thanks for looking!

Why don't the links work???
Old 03-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Constructive criticism:

The main page of your website is going to be the first impression. Take your 5-7 best pictures you've ever taken and put them here. Keep in mind the female is most likely going to be picking the photographer, so make your selections capture the attention of the bride. Maybe select a few pictures where you made the bride look exceptional, or the colors, or the wedding party.

Take what you've done on the current home page and put it on the "Get To Know Us" page... keep the info on there, just cycle through the pictures in place of the static pic shown.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I see what you're saying, I like it. We really need to get new pictures of ourselves, but haven't gotten to that point yet (those are actually our old engagement pictures). Our new business model isn't selling our photography business, it's selling us as photographers, hence the pictures of us on the home page and the greatly expanded "get to know us" section. But I like the idea of have perhaps 1 picture of us (with cameras in hand) and then 5-7 other pictures that we've taken on the home page. Possibly with quotes from other brides imbedded on the picture? Then have more pictures of us rotating in the "get to know us" page.

Thanks for the advice
Old 03-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Good luck doing something I could but wouldn't care to do! I like doing product photography because it's impossible to argue with a still. Don't let me get kicked out of a wedding when I have to deal with bridezilla . . .