Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

New Evo X motor???

Old 10-05-2004, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FS: Alpine turbo kit $1800 takes it, FINAL CALL its gott

So.. Does this mean that its going to be a spin-off of the Beta2? 2.0L designed by Mitsu AND Hyundai? Anyone have any other info? Im thinking this could be the swap weve been waiting for laugh.gif Read on...!!

Mitsubishi is preparing an all new Evo X for 2007. Big changes are in store, including new sheetmetal, a new platform, and completely revised four cylinder power. It promises to be the biggest shake up for the Evo in a very long while. The image abuve was captured from a video the company produced for the Japanese prese showing the current morphing into what could be the Evo X.

"It's just to show the direction of the car,' says an insider, adding that various factors such as pedestrian safety could cause the end result to look vastly different.

There is no doubt, though, that the new team at Mitsubishi (including design cheif Akinori Nakanishi) wants to have as much as possible of the World Rally Lancer's high performance image rub off on the Evo X.

The new 2.0-liter will stem from the world engine program Mitsubishi is develping with Hyundai and DCX. Theoreticallly, Mitsubishi's version could produce between 300 and 350 horsepower. The Evo X will be spun off the new platform that will underpin the redesigned, second generation Outlander SUV next year.

Before the Evo X, the Evo IX will debut in Japan next march and here next fall. It will build on this fall's lightweight Evo MR and will have a new MIVEC 2.0-liter variable cam engine that will lift power well north of the 300 horsepower mark and provide even stronger top end response.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:29 PM

id say its too early to tell, id like to see hyundai's response to the Evo X. Especially since they will be designing the engine. Ironically my Tib will be paid off in 2007. Looks like I'll have to get a new car when my tib is paid off smile.gif
Old 10-05-2004, 08:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

is says the image above... don't see any image. where did this come from?
Old 10-05-2004, 09:40 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: ABC song! WORK WARNING! NUDITY!

wierd how muitsubishi has multiple generations of lancers out simultaneously (wrc, evo 8, evo 7, new stock) the evolution 8 just came out. yes. 2004 (and yes it does look mad sweet as hell). how is there a 9?

how are they planning a X when the iX has not even been out? aaaaah! frustration!

...not to forget. howcome the wrc version does not look anything like the corrent lancer. i know it was solely a wrc project apart from global sales & reputation, but that goes against all rally odds. easily, easily could have made the evolution 8 a rally car. so how come the evolution 8 is called an evolution when it is not even rally bread (SCCA doesn't qualify) evil.gif
Old 10-05-2004, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Redz is up to his usual hijinks

Read HKC laugh.gif It says the IX will debut in JAPAN in Mar '05, and in US in Fall of '05.. Then the X will be around '07 laugh.gif

http://www.vegasimports.com/forums/index.p...?showtopic=5369 Check that link for the pictures of the cars..
Old 10-05-2004, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Newbies on the site who are LAZY!!

there's a lancer for just about every year! 8O i guess they're trying to flood the market.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:37 AM

Vehicle: tiburon 1998
Default Re: FS: Brand new 340cc BETA I injectors

oh please please please make it bolt on instead of my beta...

pleassssss!!!!!! lol.gif
Old 10-06-2004, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Air Ride Tib..finaly got pics

I wish there were that many Lancers available here. Unless the Skyline is introduced any time soon, It looks like my next car will be a Lancer EVO
Old 10-12-2004, 05:11 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: DIY - The "big 3" wire upgrade

Evos are diff awesome. and i think a new skyline is coming out very soon. i believe there will be one in 05....not sure though. but man hyundai designing the engine to one of the best sport compacts out there.....smile.gif
Old 10-12-2004, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Quality of cc ram air hood on ImportShark.com?

It looks like my next car will be a Lancer EVO

..you just wait what hyundai has in stock for 2007. yes. a new tib. it's based on the looks of the HCD8. it will RIP THE PANTIES off of everyone in the world who thought bad about hyundai. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: