Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

New Aim Mail!

Old 07-12-2005, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I don't know how long this has been available, but I just registered my SN and I have to say, that the interface for AIM's webmail, looks spiffy-er than GMail.

Anyway, if you need yet another email address, you already have one if you have an AIM SN. Just go to

http://webmail.aol.com

Just a heads up.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:12 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

gmail promises to never sell your info

AOL does all the time

so does yahoo

so screw dat
Old 07-12-2005, 05:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Not to mention Gmail gives you 2 Gigs, and it's constantly increasing.

2387.711 megabytes (and counting) of free storage so you'll never need to delete another message

That # is increasing every second.

As for AOL, f*** them.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:26 PM

Vehicle: Honda

Nothing is "spiffyer" than Gmail. Period.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:12 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

im staying with gmail smile.gif

oh

heres the private policy by aol....

How Your AOL Network information Is Used
Your AOL Network information is used

• to operate and improve the Web sites, services and offerings available through the AOL Network;
• to personalize the content and advertisements provided to you;
• to fulfill your requests for products, programs, and services;
• to communicate with you and respond to your inquiries;
• to conduct research about your use of the AOL Network; and
• to help offer you other products, programs, or services that may be of interest.
Your AOL Network information may be shared with the Network's affiliated providers. You have choices about how your AOL Network information is used, and whether affiliated providers receive personally identifiable information about you as an AOL Network user. Affiliated providers that receive your AOL Network information may use this information according to their applicable privacy policies.
Your AOL Network information will not be shared with third parties unless it is necessary to fulfill a transaction you have requested, in other circumstances in which you have consented to the sharing of your AOL Network information, or except as described in this Privacy Policy. The AOL Network may use your AOL Network information to present offers to you on behalf of business partners and advertisers. These business partners and advertisers receive aggregate data about groups of AOL Network users, but do not receive information that personally identifies you.
If you use AOL Network communications tools to disclose information about yourself publicly (for example, in chat rooms or online message boards made available by the AOL Network, other online users may obtain access to any information you provide.
The contents of your online communications, as well as other information about you as an AOL Network user, may be accessed and disclosed in response to legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena); in other circumstances in which AOL believes the AOL Network is being used in the commission of a crime; when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the safety of you or another person; or when necessary either to protect the rights or property of AOL, the AOL Network or its affiliated providers, or for us to render the service you have requested.
The AOL Network may use agents and contractors in order to help operate the Network. If such agents and contractors have access to personally identifiable information, they are required to protect this information in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Policy by, for example, not using the information for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for the AOL Network.
In the event that ownership of the AOL Network was to change as a result of a merger, acquisition or transfer to another company, your AOL Network information may be transferred. If such a transfer results in a material change in the use of your AOL Network information, the AOL Network will provide notice about the choices you have to decline to permit such a transfer.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:05 AM

yeah i wouldn't trust them with my email address. not to go offtopic.gif or anything, but i want a gmail account. anyone have any invites? flirt.gif
Old 07-13-2005, 09:18 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

i got 50

pm me your email addy and ill invite you