Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

need your opinions on the military

Old 06-10-2004, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

i'm really considering enlisting in the military and i know there are a couple ppl here that were in the service
my problem isn't deciding whether or not to enlist but what to enlist in
i'm currently on a toss up between the army and the the coast guard
in the army i'd go for airborne and possibly ranger...possibly...if i go coast guard i'm going for gunnersmate...i'm sorta leaning towards the coast guard for the fact that i'd always be close to home but at the same time its the part of the army that i would like is getting away
so anyones input on this or anyone that served in the military tell me what they liked and disliked bout it
thanx
Old 06-10-2004, 04:30 PM

marine corps!

i was in the navy seabees. pretty much the marines. the two you're thinking about are my least favorite branches (to say the least) - so i'm biased.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:37 PM

Look in to the national guard (thats what im in) 1 weeken a month and 2 weeks a year you can beat that. And it realy helps if you are goin to school.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:47 PM

i wanna be full time active duty
also take in mind i wanna make it a career not a 4 and out thing
Old 06-10-2004, 04:51 PM

Default Signatures

Im in the Air Force and its not so bad
Old 06-10-2004, 05:01 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Let's see, if you want a life that has anything other to do than sleeping in the field, and running through the woods or desert getting shot at, join the Air Force. If your idea of fun is living on ship for 6 months out of the year, join the Navy. If you want to get treated pretty much like crap until you make enough rank, join the Army or Marines. I have been in the Air Force for thirteen years now and have seen them all. Coast Guard would be my only other consideration.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:20 PM

Let me say this, NEVER say you want to make a living out of something you have no knowledge about, I mean you don't know really anything till you expierence it first hand

Granted here in 2 hours I will be a civilian once again, 4 years active army was enough, been 2 duty stations, did some cool things, missed major conflicts (I volunteered for Iraq, and Bosnia, and a Kosovo tour) and now I am getting out.

Look in to the national guard (thats what im in) 1 weeken a month and 2 weeks a year you can beat that. And it realy helps if you are goin to school.

This is all going to change in the coming years, the IRAQ problem isn't just going to stop and what they are saying well all will get thier tour of duty there in the sand.

All depends on what YOU want to do, what kind of field/job?
Old 06-10-2004, 05:53 PM

spike...what job u do and how long were u stationed outta the us
Old 06-10-2004, 05:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

REDTIBBY, you and me PMed about this mang, save those.

SPIKE really put it out there, it depends on what YOU want to do, and what YOU are willing to put up with. At 11 years, I couldn't put up with any of it anymore.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:24 PM

yea i was thinking maybe army 4 years and then after that go into something easier like the coast guard...by then i'll be ready to settle down and wont have the motivation to go out into the field
i dunno what to do i'm torn between the 2

yea redz i still have the pm's i read it every now and then to see if anything clicks