Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

NEED SOME MORAL SUPPORT, FROM FELLOW OWNERS!!!

Old 01-06-2005, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 02 Accent
Default Re: exhaust sound clips

hey guys, i need some help. I dont know how many of you know, but i work for BMW, and i drive bmws all day everyday, and at the end of the day i have to get into my Tiburon. Now I love my Tiburon, i have a lot of plans and about 10g's to drop into it, but its getting harder and harder everyday to keep driving my car. I've been thinking of buying a BIMMER, either a Z4 or an M Coupe Roadster. So i'm asking for some help, convice me why i should keep my tibby. Now i know none of u prob care if i keep my car or not, but its a BIG deal for me. I planned on giving my 10 sec, showcar tib to my son(or daughter) so they would have the COOLEST car in school... please help.......
Old 01-06-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Ugliest Tibs around

which BMW do you work at? Habberstadt?

So that way I can come up there and slap some sense into you.

If you do get a BMW, at least get an M3. Don't settle for no sissy Z3. Those things are dumb.

Or you can do what Im gonna do, keep the tib, and come up with enough money to get a BMW too. Im gonna keep my tib and hopefully be able to afford a G35.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: exhaust sound clips

well BMW's dont have such nice forums like ours, i never found a BMW forum thats as friednly and much like a family, a beamer MAY be a more prestige car, but a Tiburon is more of a soul car, one that realy shows who you are, your not a Beamer person, your a Tiburon person.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Radiator Support...Help!

First, no 10 second Tiburon is going to be street-legal. So no uber-fast Tibby for Johnny. Secondly, I wouldn't give any kid a car you dropped 10gs into. I'm 17, and I drive 3 cars. You don't want to know the hell I've put through my GSX. I'm usually nice to the 'Vette and Tibby, but even if your kid tells you hes not beating on it, trust me, he will. lol.gif Besides, you don't have a son/daughter yet. Tibs may be ugly in 16 years you never know. lol.gif

Now... hard to compare a Tib to a BMW. Most BMWs outdrive Tibbies in every way. More power, more luxurious, better handling in most instances. I would keep the Tibby if:

a) You love modifying a car and keeping it special. The 10gs you've saved wouldn't leave much for BMW modification.

B) Keep the Tib, and invest the 10gs for your son/daughter's college fund. 10gs now invested could probably become 16,000 in 16 years if the value of the dollar stays the same.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:54 PM

Location: Lillington, NC & Maryville, TN when I can get there
Default Re: So what do they talk about in other car forums?

QUOTE (hamhead)
Besides, you don't have a son/daughter yet. Tibs may be ugly in 16 years you never know. lol.gif

Or even legal for that matter we may be required between now anf then to go alternative fuel sources. You never know.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Motoria 4-2-1 header quality Q's?

The 3 series is a great car, not onle the M3, all of them. However, they don't have the spirit of a sport compact car, for me all BMW are now heavy luxury cars, GREAT heavy luxury cars, but not comparable to a Tib. The Tib is sportier in feeling, though slower, not as agile, refined, etc, etc.
If you have the money to do it and you are having doubts... man you shouldn't do it, no way.
I liked the E30's though, they were not that heavy in their time, and that first M3 was really something, a friend of mine had one and I drove it a couple of times.... I just remembered I love RWD
But I love my Tib too wink.gif
Old 01-06-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Nikki Cox Thread!

I wouldnt get a BMW unless it was an M3 or the 7 series.

Besides, on Long Island every other car is a BMW. It gets sickening.

Keep the tiburon.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:16 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Re: Fit or Fat?

ugh...

honestly, BMW's may look all nice and pretty, but i despise them. absolutely. They are over engineered computers. it's like a cadillac.... but more expensive... i hate having to work on a car that came from that part of the world (Germany, Sweden, etc). Asia is where cars should come from wink1.gif

it seems i'll be one of the few, i guess, that will tell you NOT to get a BMW. way too costly to do repairs also! it's a big investment for a crappy German automobile... can you handle it? (financially)?
Old 01-06-2005, 07:16 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC
Default Re: NEED SOME MORAL SUPPORT, FROM FELLOW OWNERS!!!

keep it so you can beat BMW's with a Hyundai.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Warning!!! stay away from AIRBAGIT.com

Sell the Tib, buy a Miata, and drop 15gs in it. They own the Tib in handling, and you can turbo the little sucker and turn it into a mini-RWD beast thing. lol.gif