Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Need Help With Ebay

Old 01-01-2007, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

okay, i believe some of you guys may have read my ps3 thread...anyway, long story short, me and 2 friends waited in line to get ps3s, i sold mine in the store for cash, and put my 2 friends' on ebay...and i got owned by ebay:

friend1 with the 60gb sold it on ebay, but the buyer backed out and never paid. then he sold it on his own, so i dont have to worry about it.
friend2 with the 20gb sold it on ebay, but the buyer also never paid, i opened an unpaid item dispute..was going to do the second chance offer, but the second chance guy got his account deleted because it was stolen or some bs. so we relisted the item. the second time the item sold again, but the buyer who bought it had something happen and is no longer a registered user. another unpaid item dispute.

now, im on vacation and haven't checked my hotmail in awhile, but i got a bill from ebay (on december 16, so that means i already paid via the cc on my ebay acct and never even knew about it until just now) stating i owe them $120 !!!? i have not even successfully sold one item, that really pisses me off....

this was my first time selling on ebay ever, i was wondering if some ebay vets could help me out. i uploaded the invoice they sent me..here it is: click for invoice

i plan on calling customer service to try and get these charges dropped...could anyone give me some input here? anyone been through this before? what did u say? i really don't have $120 to throw away..especially for something i never even got. i also don't know if i am understanding this invoice correctly, could someone spell it out for me please.

thanks guys
Old 01-01-2007, 11:52 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

just write them and try to explain the situation. i think they will work with you on this. they have been good to me about fixing problems in a timely matter
Old 01-01-2007, 12:27 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

yeah, it doesnt make sense that ebay charges you while not really selling the item.

those receipts are automatically generate by a computer, and if there are any discrepansies, it wont be refelcted on it... yes, the best way is to talk to ebay
Old 01-01-2007, 12:58 PM

Same thing happened to a friend of mine. Usually if you still have open disputes and you talk to them about it they will hold off on the charges until the dispute is cleared up and either charge you if you get the money or drop the charge if you don't. They are pretty user friendly most of the time.